These are the written accounts of a sociopath's life and all that I go through, both personally and financially, as I attempt to be a millionaire within six years.
Thursday, February 7, 2013
Back To Work
Ugh. Yep. That stupid security wand is back. My boss Sandra called me into her office and gave me the wand. I pretended as if I didn’t care, but once I got into the elevator I let out a loud and massive “FUCK”. It usually takes two months to get another wand, so they must have had one handy.
I guess I should be happy that the wand is back because I was getting addicted to leaving work and being at home. My complacency could have lead to big problems, and it almost did this week. The day before we got the wand back, I was at home watching Beast Wars Transformers when Sha texted me and asked if the bank got robbed because he saw a ton of police outside when he passed by. I thought he was playing a joke on me because he knew I was home relaxing, so I ignored him. Maybe 5 minutes later, a former co-worker, Konner, texted me and said that he saw the bank got robbed on the news. FUCK! So I got dressed and drove to work. I got there just in time for Sandra to see me in front of the bank, doing access control after the robbery (my post-robbery role). Even though I got away with it, the situation was just too close. What if I was sleeping? What if I went out of town to hang out or something? Sandra would have fired me on the spot! Very few bosses will choose to keep the security guard that is at home naked watching Beast Wars Transformers when the bank he’s supposed to be guarding is being robbed. Once it's in my record, no other security company would ever hire me. And if I’m out of work, imagine the toll that would take on my real estate ambitions.
So I’m back at work. I sneak out from time to time, but I’m always close by. But those 7 days when the wand was broken was sweet, and a brief glimpse into what my life will be like when I’m retired. I get up when I want, take care of business on my schedule, and spend the rest of the time doing whatever I feel like. In those short 7 days, I was able to get my car registered, get my license unsuspended and renewed, and I sealed the windows in one of the rooms of property Chi’s downstairs apartment. The Africans’ grandmother’s room was cold, so I sealed the window using one of those window sealing kits that can be bought at any hardware store. I then gave her my little space heater because her room is too far from the furnace to get good heat. All in all, it was time well spent. I am, however, looking forward to the day when I can live the retired life full-time.
Labels:
africans,
bank job,
furnace,
Konner,
robbery,
Sandra,
Sha,
suspended license,
tocowand,
window seal
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment