Friday, June 14, 2013

Distancing from Sha: The iPhone Incident

I wrote a now-deleted post earlier in the day about a situation I had with Sha. To summarize, I bought his old iPhone from him because it’s jailbroken and he had a tethering app on there. Due to my lack of intelligence (and lack of knowledge when it comes to Apple products), I messed everything up and went almost three days without phone service. I found out later that it was most likely because I had bought the wrong sim card. Sha offered to fix it but, when the time came, he said he couldn’t do it that night because he and his wife Sonya had to eat. I was pissed because he shouldn’t have had me come out at 9:30pm to drive to his place, only to be sent home.

I wrote a post back in 2011 called Distancing from Sha, when I first realized that separation was needed in order for me to become more successful in business. The lesson I learned from this whole iPhone fiasco (besides the fact that I'm an idiot) is that I'm simply not fond Sha or his wife (especially his wife), and I made a mistake by doing business with him. In this case it was my fault, but it seems that whenever money is involved between the two of us, something goes wrong. Either it’s my incompetence with the iPhone or it’s the incompetence of his handymen when they don’t do what they’re supposed to. I thought that I could do this small piece of business with him since it seemed so simple, but even that didn’t work out. So I’ll keep to my rule of distance from Sha. His only use is to get updates on how his business is going so that I can do competition updates on this blog.

Another reason I keep my distance from him is the way both he and Sonya like to advertise their marriage in front of me, as if to make me jealous. I remember going out with them as a third wheel and seeing them constantly holding hands and doing “relationship things”, then looking at me to make sure I see it. They continue to assume that I want to be married because I’ve never really told them the kind of person I really am. I neither like nor believe in marriage, so their attempts look really strange and pathetic to me. It’s even stranger when he would pull me aside sometimes to tell me how he hates being married. I don’t care about any of this. It’s pointless, and a situation that I should not be having in my life. See, this was what I was talking about when I said I wanted to distance myself from a lot of useless people this year. If it doesn’t make or save me money, I don’t want it around me. I can respect the concept of marriage, but I’m not the kind of person that can be in one for obvious reasons. I’ve known people who are exactly like me and go through the process of marriage trying to fake their way through it, but the result is always the same. Never do something just because it’s what everyone else is doing. I learned that lesson a long time ago. If I don’t want it, I don’t do it. Life is more fun and a lot simpler when one is honest with one’s self. I don't desire company very often and I don't think that will ever change.

It's important to mention that, despite all of it, Sha's not a bad guy. We simply don't mix well together. So, for competition’s sake, I have to keep in touch with him from time to time so that I can do competition updates on this blog. Other than that, the distance has to be maintained. iPhone or no iPhone, whenever we do business together, the results are usually disastrous. I’m trying to limit the disasters I have in my life, and distancing from Sha helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment