On Wednesday I had a bunch of things to do after work with property Chi. One of those things was getting property Charlie tenant Kylie Ray’s court ordered rent payment of $250.
During the day, I had handyman Alfonso coming into her apartment to take care of some of the things she wanted fixed. I don’t usually do repairs when tenants aren’t home, but I let her know beforehand and I wasn’t going to come back into that apartment. I swear, every time I leave that place I feel the need to take a really hot chemically-altered shower. I was calling her throughout the day but continued to get voicemails. So, after I was done dealing with property Chi that evening, I went to her apartment. I knocked and no one was there. So I figured that she just decided not to pay the rent and, yesterday, I filed for her eviction due to missed payment. 18 minutes… and I mean exactly 18 minutes after I file for her eviction, that beast calls me from yet another number, saying that her sons waited for me but I wasn’t there. I was going to argue but I saw no point. It’s wasted words arguing with the mentally challenged. She asked me if I could pick up the money and I did. I also tried to explain to her that she has to stick to the agreement dates because she was about to get evicted. She apologized and apologized, but I honestly believed that she had no idea what the hell I was saying.
So next week she owes $315 (she paid $210). I can’t complain now. This is the challenge that I knowingly put in front of me. I knew that keeping four tenants from the previous owner would be a pain in the ass, and that’s exactly what it’s been. I was able to get three of the four tenants stable, but Kylie Ray will probably take much longer. She never has the same phone number, always calling me from a friend’s house or something. It’s been a little under a month, and she’s already called me from 6 different numbers. Ugh! I’ll have to change the way I approach them. These are not my chosen tenants. I would love it if they all paid on time. I get the feeling I won’t have a problem with Chuck or Thomas. Rory and Brie may pose an issue later but right now they’re okay (although Rory does look like a sneaky bastard). I have to lower my standards when it comes to the tenants of property Charlie. They won’t always be on time with their rent, but as long as they pay I’ll have to be fine with that. I have to remember what the goal of that place is. It has to generate at least $1000 every month and the same tenants must be in the property in order to retire in the fastest time. That’s the end goal and I’ll reach it—no matter how mentally exhausting it will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment