Thursday, July 3, 2014

Blogging Made Complicated

DDP Yoga: Energy! (Full workout)
Had to skip the workout on Wednesday due to an early meeting in the vacant building. Can't wait to finally be able to do this at home. Until then, I should do the exercises the second I get into work to have the most time available. No workout Friday.

I said I was gonna have the new blog up and running by the 30th of June. Last week I sat down, summarized just about every post I had ever done into 5 or 6 well-drafted posts, and I was done creating posts by the 29th. All I had to do was pick a site and create it, right? Unfortunately, blogging sites have other plans.

For some reason, none of the blog sites like Blogger, Wordpress, or Tumblr allow people to create multiple blogs on one sites. My plan was to separate my topics into five or six different blogs, accessible through tabs. But blog sites only give tabs for single pages, not extra blogs. Some web design sites offer to set it up but charge $200 to $700 for the service. Tabs for blogs?! $700?! Really?! So I may have to do a workaround. After a couple hours trying to get it to work, I stumbled upon a Youtube video by a Nigerian guy that shows a neat little trick to creating tabs for different blog subjects on Blogger. I’ll try this out as a last resort tomorrow and, if it works, I’ll be all set with the design and posts on the new blog by Monday. I really hate the fact that they made something so simple to be so damned complicated, but I guess everybody’s gotta make money somehow…

No comments:

Post a Comment