I love this blog. I consider it more important than most of the people I know. This thing is a major part of my business career and one of the few reasons why I haven’t gone completely insane during this whole journey. I like reviewing previous posts to catch business and behavioral patterns to learn from, but sometimes I’ll admit it’s a pain in the butt. Sometime I look at all the words I’m about to read and it can be intimidating. My posts are sometimes incredibly long, sometimes 7 or 8 paragraphs each. I try to read two months of previous posts a day, but sometimes I can only manage one month per day. I try to trim the posts down, but many times the words are necessary to convey the point I’m making. I’ve thought about this over the last couple of months and decided to make a change soon, sometime next year in fact. I’m gonna start doing certain posts in comic form.
I first got the idea from a site called Sarah Draws 365, in which a different picture was drawn every day for one year. Then I found another blogger who perfectly incorporated comics and blogging on a site called Hyperbole and a Half. Seeing these sites reminded me how much easier it is to understand a situation through pictures and drawings rather than just words. And I’ve done comics before, but never for anything serious. When we were in junior high school, Brooklyn Mike, a kid named Koch, and I drew comics. Brooklyn Mike’s comics centered around Madman Buck, an escaped convict who steals a shuttle and travels to a friendly place where he feels uncomfortable and, obviously, starts killing everyone. Koch’s comics were about a superhero named Man-O-Beef, Man-oh-Man-Oh-Man-Oh-Man. He had the head of a mouse and a bodybuilder’s body, and would save old people from getting robbed only to rob them later. My comics were about Wrath O’Payne, the son of the devil who has contests with his dad to see who can kill as many people in a given time frame. It would always end in a tie which would force one to shoot the other and declare victory. While I doubt there were be any killing in the comics on this blog, I’ll definitely be using past experiences to refer to.
The perfect cliché for this situation is that a picture is worth a 1000 words. Right now I’m trying to learn both MS Paint and Adobe Illustrator. I realize how sad it is that I have the desire to learn drawing rather than Yoruba (although I’m not sure which side should feel sadder: me or Nigerian culture?). The toughest part is coming up with a character theme, but I’m giving myself a lot of time to get this stuff started. While I wish it could be something like Calvin and Hobbes (the greatest comic book of all time), it’ll probably be much simpler-- and only once or twice a month. The most important thing is that I get my point across in each drawing. The easier this blog is to read, the more information I can get from it by reading extra posts that show behavioral patterns and references every day. This blog is one of the main reasons why I’m becoming successful at this real estate game, and I have to keep the posts as readable as possible to get the most out of it.
P.S.: I’m also considering bringing back the real estate term definitions that I used to do at the end of posts. I started that in June of 2012, but stopped it soon after. I felt like such a loser writing about real estate definitions when I only had two properties and was struggling. But, thanks to some good business practices and the purchase of property Charlie, I feel more like an investor than ever before. Those definitions were very good and I kinda miss them.
No comments:
Post a Comment