Friday, October 7, 2011

A Competition Update

With everything going on as far as bills and Rita borrowing money, I don’t think I’ll be reaching my 10k quota this month. I know I said that in August and September and I was wrong, but I really don’t think I have a shot. Maybe $9500, but that’s it.

Competition-wise, it looks as if Sha has found a way to use the banks again. Since no banks trust him anymore, he uses his family members to purchase under their names, using the money he gets from NOT paying the mortgages on the properties that are currently in pre-foreclosure. It’s a smart move, and it makes the competition that much more challenging. Getting help from his family should be considered cheating, but I don’t care. I’ll take on Sha and his whole family. My brother Rex has just started his Forex trading strategy, so I’ll have to check on him later on. I decided to continue my competition with him, mostly because it wouldn’t detract from my un-friendly competition with Sha. If it doesn’t detract and it does some good, why stop it? My ego will still take a hit when he wins, but it won’t be as bad as if Sha beats me.

As for myself, I had to send late-payment letters to Stan (upstairs tenant of property Beta) and Gary (upstairs tenant of property Chi). I’m suspicious that something’s up with the both of these tenants. Gary’s girlfriend, Ira, moved out last week. It’s the risk taken when renting to an unmarried couple, but it happens. Anyway, I really didn’t care with her moving out because she wasn’t working. Ira kept texting me to make sure that her name is off the lease now that she’s moved out. They may have simply broken up, but I’m wondering if Ira believes that he’s going to default on the rent and doesn’t want her name involved in the eviction. With Stan, I think he’s withholding the rent until the window gets fixed. I have the window replacement scheduled for next week. If he’s going to be late he usually calls to let me know, and that’s the only reason I could see that he isn’t paying. If he’s pulling this “withholding rent” shit after all the times I’ve saved his ass from being evicted, then I’ll have to get rid of him. And if Gary is planning to screw me over, then I’m putting the eviction in both their names. It could be paranoia, I don’t know. I guess I’ll find out later. Either way, I’m ready.

Not reaching the quota this month won’t feel too bad. With Rita and Rana bothering me for money, Stan and Gary becoming variables, and Sha taking his time to pay my money back, it will be especially difficult to keep pace with making 10k this month. I just want to keep this streak going of making my quotas each month. It feels good and lets me know that I’m continuously moving forward at a healthy pace. I don’t know what’s going to happen though. If the last few months have taught me anything, it’s that a quota can be reached in many ways. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment