I know this blog is supposed to be my quasi-therapy and a written account of my business practices so that I can improve and all that stuff. Many times I’ll write about all the things I’ve learned and everything that has gone wrong. Sometimes, however, it’s helpful to write about this business when everything is going right.
There’s no snow in Smalltown and it’s November. That’s unheard of! Almost as unheard of as a handyman actually doing his job, but that seems to be the case as well. Alfonso is a fucking beast. In less than 24 hours, he’s about 60% done with all the work at property Alpha. I know he’s a Smalltown handyman so I’ll always be cautious, but his work so far is the best that I’ve seen. I also had to drop off a thermal coupler to the Homos at property Chi. A thermal coupler is what keeps a fire from going out in a furnace/water heater. Anyway, when I went there I saw that the Homos have been busy. They put a new deadbolt in the door, something that I’ve been meaning to do for months. They got rid of all the garbage from Sha’s awful roofing guy and put it in the attic. They put blinds on the main door. Shit, if the Homos keep this up I may put them in the same category as immigrants when it comes to my favorite type of tenants! With the Africans taking care of the lawn and the Homos taking care of everything else, property Chi looks amazing—a far cry from the way it was at the beginning of this year.
It’s nice to see the differences between doing things right and doing things wrong. Putting the right people in a property or hiring the right handyman makes such a difference! I’m sure something will go wrong but, as of right now, it’s nice to take a moment and see the things I’ve done right.
No comments:
Post a Comment