I’m… sore. I'm at the bank job and doing my rounds in the garage is brutal. Every part of my body is in some kind of pain after yesterday. I had to finish painting the bedrooms, and then paint the living room, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, staircase, and hallway.
I got out of work at 2:30pm and was already tired. Now that I think of it, I might have been better off taking a nap for a couple hours before I started painting. I guess I was afraid that if I took a nap then I would wake up and find an excuse to not do any work. I went upstairs to the vacant apartment, turned off my phone and went to work. The problem was three-fold: I suck at painting; the paint I bought was cheap so I had to put 3 coats on per room; and I was already tired. By 10pm I was delirious. I was laughing out loud at jokes in my head as I fought to stay awake. Finally, at 11:42pm, my body gave out and I had to stop. I had finished painting all the rooms, but didn’t have the time or energy to take the garbage out, mop the floors, or put on the polyurethane.
Since I work both jobs today, I have to get all the garbage out of the apartment in the 30 minutes I have between the jobs. Right now I’m placing the ad for the apartment, making sure to set all appointments for Saturday morning, between 9am and 11am. This will give me time to get a good night’s rest and wake up early enough Saturday morning to mop the floors. The polyurethane will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday, but the floors are good enough to show as is. I’ll be glad once this place is rented out. A couple days’ to rest this sore body would be nice to have.
No comments:
Post a Comment