Friday, April 5, 2013

New Servicer, Same Prius

First, some good news. Thanks to Fannie Mae switching who services my mortgage for property Alpha, I no longer have to do business with Bank of America. My loan was transferred from BofA to a company called NationStar Mortgage. All my rates and payments stay the same, but I no longer have to deal with Bank of America. So, once I get my paid in full letter, I can finally close my accounts with them. They only got my mortgage because they bought out the original mortgage servicer, Countrywide, and I seriously thought I’d have to buy out the loan just to get them away from them. I probably would have done it, too. BofA's customer service is absolutely horrible and their banking website is a joke compared to other banks like Chase. Getting them out of my life will be a great relief.

Now, onto the continuing mortgage process with prospective property Charlie. Idiot real estate agent 000 Prius called me yesterday to ask how the process is going. This is strange because her dumbass called me last week and knew more about what was going on than me. She also mentioned a problem that I have with the contract. In order to extend the deadline, I signed an addendum that said I had 21 days to get a commitment letter from Empower. Prius explained that the only reason he wanted this signed was to show that there was progress being made on the mortgage approval. So I said fine and I signed it. But when I got the pre-approval and things are clearly underway, Prius now tells me that  the seller’s attorney may not be willing to extend the 21 day deadline, and that I may have to put more money down as a show of good faith. So I asked her, “If I’m going to put more money down, who would it go to? Because I don’t think the loan amount can change at this point.” Prius says, “I dunno. I’ll have to look into that.” Worthless animal, I swear.

How do you not have the answer to a question like that? Why tell me that I’ll have to put more money down but not know where it’s going? Why is the seller’s attorney trying to fuck this deal over now that it’s finally gaining some steam? Instead of getting mad, I emailed my lawyer Marvin Wassle about the situation, along with the signed contract addendum. I’m hoping he can bring some sense to a senseless situation. Meanwhile, Petey Tim is on vacation but the mortgage processor in his place is handling the loan. She said that she should be able to get the loan to the underwriter for approval by the end of today. After the underwriter hassles me, it will be closing time. I actually have a real shot at closing before the end of April. But, just in case it doesn’t and I get denied, I’m still going to Brooklyn to get my next car.

Getting BofA out of my hair is an unexpected bonus to the end of this week. I thought I’d be stuck with them forever. And knowing that I’m approaching the final hurdle in the mortgage process is also unexpected. I’m still waiting for something to go wrong, as it always does, but I’m satisfied that I did everything I could to get this mortgage—in spite of Prius and the buffoonery of Ferret Real Estate.



P.S.: I just received my "paid in full" letter. Goodbye and good riddance BofA! You know, the thing with Bank of America really caught me off guard. I had no idea that the investor (Fannie Mae) can, for whatever reason, ask for a different company to service the mortgage. While this worked favorably for me this time, what happens when the investor switches the mortgage from a good servicer to a bad one? What happens if Fannie Mae does the same for PPC #3? The hazards of mortgages, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment