Monday, April 8, 2013

The Home Stretch

An email I got from Petey Tim’s assistant this morning:

Roger-
 I attached a copy of your signed commitment letter. You should be hearing from me or Petey Tim within the next 72 hours to let you know it is time to schedule you closing with our attorneys and yours. Thank you for all your patience with this process. Congratulations.


Woah. It’s… it’s really gonna happen, isn’t it? Hmm…

I sneaked out of work and met her this morning to give her the last bank statements that she needed. (Petey Tim's assistant, by the way, has a great ass. I focused on it heavily because I didn't want to get too excited about the deal.) She had me sign the commitment letter which I emailed to my lawyer Marvin Wassle and my real estate agent Prius.

I don’t have words right now because I’m still skeptical that something can go wrong. But, as of now, everything is going… right. No more business with Bank of America. I'm downloading Wrestlemania to watch next weekend at the shipping depot. The commitment letter that shuts up the seller and his impatient attorney. The chance at closing on the property before the end of April. It’s all happening and I’m… cautiously excited. I’ll have the words once the deal is done, but right now that’s all I can say as I run the home stretch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment