The trip to Nigeria is… ugh, screw this. I’m not going to spend valuable writing time on this garbage. So I’ll make this short and sweet.
My mom Rita is having trouble paying for my plane ticket, so she asked for help from my dad Roy. Millionaire Roy says that he can only pay $500, which she found insulting. Rita came to me with this information just to tell me “the whole story”. The truth is that she’s telling me this just to make me dislike my father more, but I truly cannot stand the both of them. They’ve been acting like children for decades now and I’ve had it. Whatever was left to enjoy about going to Nigeria has been sucked out of me. I told Rita that if she can’t afford it then forget it.
I’m sick of them trying to one up each other and trying to impose their legacies with all these secret dealings and alternative agendas. The pair of them act like little babies. You know when you reach a point in your life when you see your parents as regular people? Well, I see them as regular people and they are seriously screwed up. Their legacies mean nothing to me anymore. The way I see it, the great things they accomplished in life will always be tainted by how they allowed their own pettiness to turn them into squabbling children. They want to pass that down from generation to generation. Ugh! I don’t even care about meeting the other members of my family. If these two are acting like this, I can only imagine how many divisions and agendas are going on with the rest of the family. If I wasn’t afraid of what it would do to my psyche, I’d tell the pair of them to either grow up or let their hatred for each other consume them until they die. Just keep me out of it. I have enough hatred and poison in me… I don’t need to add theirs. You know what? Keep your money. Keep your friends' daughters. Keep your schemes. Keep your hatred. I'll let it die with you guys. I'll make my own damned legacy.
P.S.: I’m starting to take my toddler plan as less of a joke now. Bash them both across the head like "The Three Stooges" so their brains revert to that of a pair of 5-year-olds. Two five year old kids get into a fight, one gives the other a shiny nickel, and they’re back to being friends again. In fact, I know a few billion people whose heads can use a good bashing. Kids do conflict resolution much better than adults. For shame.
I can relate. :(
ReplyDelete