![]() |
| I still love NYC |
Nikita finally showed up and I got in her car. She was… stunning. I truly mean stunning. Perfect body with an amazing face and... I could see how she was once a model. I had to shake off her good looks and remember why I was there in the first place. She sent me a lot of strange texts when we first started talking, texts that made it seem like she was nuts. Examples?
11/19
Babes… you always say things to make my heart smile… and thank you! Didn’t know they make them like you anymore… your parents did a great job! Don’t know them hoping one day to cook for them but am thankful for the son they have me all excited about!
11/20
(after the eviction case) Yayyy! You wonnnnn…!!! If you were here you would be coming home to quite the celebration (naughty wink lol)
She also offered her parking spot at her apartment complex for my car when I go to Nigeria for 11 days. All of these things would be normal in a relationship that had been going on for a while, but we hadn’t met face to face yet! I had to figure out if she was crazy for me, or just plain crazy. We went to a Bourbon restaurant on Restaurant Row and talked for 2 hours while eating some really good jambalaya. It was a free flow of conversation and we kissed a few times during. Those lips of hers are so pillowy soft that… ugh! Amazing! Afterwards, we got back in her car, made out some more, and then she dropped me off to get on the bus to get me back to work on time. Seems like a nice date, right? Well, that’s where things aren’t at all what they seem.
This is project Invincible. I’m going on my hypothesis that the reason my subconscious wants a girlfriend is to motivate me to get to that next level of efficiency and success. Nothing motivates a man more than a woman, so it only makes sense that I get a girlfriend to see what she can do for me. Once I figure out how she motivates me, I find a way to extract and use that motivation without her. After that, I become an unstoppable business man… hence the term project Invincible. There's much more to it, but that's the general idea. Before I went on the trip to NYC, I listed all of Nikita’s character traits and put them on the Project Invincible file I created. I made a list of questions to insert into our conversation to determine where her mind is at. Knowing that I wouldn’t be able to review those questions on the bus, I recorded myself reading the questions and listened to them on a loop during the bus ride to NYC. When I returned from NYC, I used the information I got from her to create a character profile. The profile turned out to be 7 pages long, so this is a summary:
Nikita Simone is extremely successful and is looking to settle down at the age of 31. She sees all of her friends with families and wants that for herself. She left her cushy job at an advertising agency because it involved too much traveling, so she went to work for the gym conglomerate that gave her the same money but with no traveling. This will give her a chance to lead a normal life and that means finding a man to settle down with. That man has to meet her specific criteria or they won’t stand a chance. Nikita Simone is one of those women that dominates her professional life, but wants a man’s man to take charge in her personal life. She has to trust this man to be strong enough so she can allow herself to be weak with him.
Enter Roger Dodger. Nikita is crazy about me. In less than two weeks, she’ll tell me that she loves me. I know this for a fact because of the way she speaks to me and the tone of her voice. She wants to settle down with someone who isn’t intimidated by her wealth and position in life. I knew that so, when she mentioned all the places she worked and all the famous people she’s done business with, I didn’t care and kept the focus on her-- she liked me even more after that. She's also very calculated when it comes to what she says and does. When we were making out, she would only go so far. I could tell that she wanted to go further, but she has an image of herself that she wanted to keep intact and stopped herself several times. So we didn't do much more than kissing. I can see that facade already starting to crumble, as our conversations are getting much more sexual in nature. She also trusts me, but that's not weird at all. People tend to trust me in general, which is one of the reasons I went into real estate in the first place.
A woman in her 30s looking to settle down is extremely dangerous for a guy like me. One mistake and I’m locked in hell for life. I’ve considered choosing someone else for this project, but I like Nikita. She knows about real estate through her father, so she’s always giving me tips about repairs and the like. For example, I dreaded doing the paint job for Kylie Ray’s old apartment, but Nikita told me about paint sprayers that make the job easier. I bought one and will try it out this weekend. If it works out, I won’t have a problem painting apartments anymore! Despite the higher costs of a relationship with someone like Nikita, I feel the costs will pay off in other ways. Another thing I like about her is that I don’t have to change myself very much. She already knows I’m an alpha-male type personality and she loves my ambition. She knows I can't be intimidated. She also loves how old fashioned I am. She knew not to reach for the check once the bill came, and I already told her how I uncomfortable I felt being in the passenger side seat of her car “like a bitch”. I can tell she knows there’s something off about me but she’s off too, so her plan is to ignore my bad side until it shows.
There are many other aspects to the project that I haven’t discussed on here. This "relationship" involves a lot of work on my part, and it's quickly turning into my third full-time job. I save every conversation we have and analyze them for different things. I have a chart I created through Excel that shows the amount of times she... you know, the intricacies of the project aren't important because the general idea is all that matters. I have to find what it is that makes a man move mountains for a woman, extract it, use it for my ambitions, and then end this “relationship” with a newfound power that can propel me to greater successes. This ties in perfectly with my renewed focus on being a proactive landlord. I really do hope this project ends soon though. The longer it goes on, the more chances there are for something to go wrong. She sent me a text this morning when we were talking about me spending Thanksgiving at work:
“It’s all good. One day soon you’ll have your own family and you’ll be making sure thanksgiving runs smooth and I’ll—I mean your wife will be sending you back and forth to the grocery store for stuff lol and you’ll have a mini Roger with you… telling him mommy keeps sending me back to the store for eggnog lol”
Mommy? Wife? Mini-Roger? Yeah, I gotta get out of this as soon as I can.
P.S.: Trust me, I realize what I'm dealing with. I know that a woman like Nikita Simone is the type that any man would kill for. Maybe if I were a different person and didn't have so many issues... maybe this could have been more than just a project. But the cards have been dealt, and I'll play with what I got.

No comments:
Post a Comment