DDP Yoga
No workouts until Wednesday. Big left toe feels 90% better after I drained the pus out, but I still want to rest it a bit more before I resume.
Ah! My laptop is back! I can’t wait to start writing posts, as I’ve had thoughts swimming in my head for so long now. I am not getting out of my car until all my thoughts are finally out of my head and on this blog. I'm guessing this is gonna be one of those four-posts-in-a-day deals.
The two security jobs I work at have gotten a little crazy. At the shipping depot, two people were fired and Ola almost lost the job I got him by showing up late. Even though I didn’t get fired, I don’t like the air of uncertainty that’s all over the shipping depot. Every day I walk in there and I know there’s gonna be a change to this or that. At the bank job, I made the mistake of eating in the vacant building. For the last four years, I’ve had a nice little hiding spot in the only room there that has Wifi connection. I open the door after I’m done eating, and one of the guards is standing there on his phone babbling. The fact that he saw me means that people know where to find me when I’m not around. I’ve never been caught leaving that room before and, because I know the people here have no lives, I’m sure that he’s told everyone else where I go. So what does this all mean? Well, it means that I’m gonna start stock trading much sooner than I had anticipated. In fact, I start actively trading online on the 30th of this month.
Stocks have been the only thing I’ve been really excited about besides real estate. The opportunity to be able to make money without working around these savages is something a guy like me can’t pass up. I need to get my feet wet early while studying the subject. That’s how I learn. And stock trading is 50 times more complicated than security work, so it won't be a cakewalk. I start trading on the 30th, which means that I must have the new blog up and running by then. As in real estate, I believe that examining my patterns will help me develop a strategy that works for me. I’ve proven this theory with this blog, so I absolutely cannot trade without a dedicated blog for it. It won’t be easy, but I’m sure I can pull everything off by the 30th. This week I’ll choose a brokerage and then deposit $10,000 into that account the following week. I want to deposit much more, but the costs to do the basement apartment as well as having reserve money for property repairs make $10,000 the absolute most I can afford to play with. Once the money clears, I research my first stock and the madness will begin.
No matter what happens, I have to keep the security jobs. I need to have a stable source of income to fund my property purchases. The stock trading thing is just a skill I’d like to learn that adds supplemental income to my bank account. Can it replace both of my jobs altogether? If I get good at it, then sure. But right now I’m not concerned about all that. Right now I’m just wetting my feet. I’ll jump in the water once I learn how to swim.
P.S.: Trading stocks also has a nice effect on my mindset at the jobs. It makes me feel better knowing that I have other avenues to make money than the jobs I work. Having that boost in confidence and that feeling of financial diversification while working at these depressing jobs makes stock trading worth it, even without the profit. It’s hope... and that’s priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment