Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Limping Misery

Saturday and Sunday
No Workout. Weekends are usually rest times in DDP Yoga. Even though there’s no workout, I should still do the wakeup exercises. No excuses.

Monday
DDP Yoga: Energy! (25 out of 25 minutes)
I’m feeling a slowly growing pain in my left big toe, especially in the area where the cuticle meets the skin. Powered through it for another great workout.


Rest of the Week
No Workouts. Left big toe is swollen and extremely painful to walk. No way I can do a workout. I think I tried too hard doing the lunges or something. Hope to start the workouts again next week, because this week is screwed.

So this has been a crappy week so far, and I doubt it’s gonna end well. Let’s start with the weekend.

I watched an incredible movie called How to Make Money Selling Drugs, which is the best movie about drugs ever created. Can't believe they have it on Youtube to watch for freeà It even beat my previous favorite drug movie, Requiem For a Dream. It practically made my weekend watching that documentary. On Monday, Sha invited me to his place after work for a barbeque with grilled chicken. I agreed, and he asked me to pick up a propane tank. Had I known a propane tank for a grill cost $52, I wouldn’t have gone. Besides that, Sha likes to put a ridiculous amount of barbeque sauce on the chicken, thereby ruining any health benefits. After that we drove around for a while and picked up ice cream. By the time I got home I was so mad at myself. My cheeks felt puffy, which is my body’s way of telling me I ate too much food. It’s my fault, of course, but I really need to keep my distance from Sha. There was a good reason why I made that one of my big resolutions last year. We treat money very differently, and I really need to save every penny I can.

Feels a lot worse than it looks

Tuesday was the worst day. My left big toe was absolutely killing me, as the pain forced me to limp around both jobs to alleviate the pressure on the toe. 16 god awful hours of limping pain. I absolutely despise limping around because it invites people to ask stupid questions:

“See you got a little limp there!”
“What happened to you?”
“Did you hurt yourself?”


I hate people. I mean, I really hate them. These savages have the nerve to make my pain worse by speaking to me. And it’s not concern, by the way. I know the difference between concern and curiosity, and I abhor calling such annoying attention to myself. This marks the second time this year that I’ve had to limp around my jobs. It also hurts my ego, as I feel limping shows weakness. I hate showing weakness in any form. As painful as Tuesday was, Wednesday was the finisher. I limped to my usual health food restaurant to get my chicken wrap lunch like I do every day. Because the chick was taking so long making a customer’s food, I sat down to relieve the pressure on my toe. Three assholes walked in and stood right in front of me. When the chick was done with the customer before me, she skipped me and took the assholes’ order. I fucking hate that! I limped out and slammed the door open to get outta there. I know that one may say I should have said something, but I don’t do that. I’m next. You see me next. You take my order. If you see me sitting down, you ask if I’m ordering. Period. I shouldn’t have to open my mouth and, more importantly, I work hard for that money. I shouldn’t have to work hard to spend it. So I got a grilled chicken sandwich from another place instead, and that was my day.

Like yesterday afternoon, I plan to go home after work today and rest my toe with ice. It feels a little better now but I still have to limp around. It is so annoying and I’m really gonna take it easy doing the DDP Yoga from now on. I’ll do my lunges the bitch way (one knee down) instead of trying to be a superstar on my first try. But, as shitty as this week has been, there were some pretty neat highlights:

1) My laptop battery came in so I can write my blog much easier than with the tablet.

2) A few weeks ago I found some blacks in uniform taking a lunch break. They worked for a lawn maintenance company so I got their card and ordered their service.

One of the lawn mowing guys
They did an incredible job and really hooked it up. One guy had a riding mower, one had a trimmer, and the other had a regular lawnmower. There was a sense of pride in knowing I have blacks who work for me that actually do a great job. The problem is that they want $160 a month to do all three properties every two weeks (Alpha, Charlie and Chi— Carver does property Beta’s lawn on his own). If I can bargain them down to $100 a month, I’ll have them do it every month until October. Yeah, I know it’s $20 more than the Pelcom handymen, but I really don’t want to overuse those guys. Keeping the handymen hungry, right?

A first time for everything
3) Yesterday I went over 300 miles on a single tank of gas. While that might sound like nothing to some, it was a big deal to me. I’ve never been able to get anywhere near 300 before the Cherokee.

4) Despite all the misery with the big toe and the afternoon with Sha, the old me is still here. I’m still eating right and getting things done. I found my favorite snack to be Skinny Pops from the Natural Foods market.

It's popcorn with 100 calories per bag and only 45mg of sodium. Unbelievable! The only downside is that half of those 100 calories are fat calories, but anything is healthier than the crappy snacks I used to get.
I have to wait until my foot fully heals before I can finally finish cleaning the basement, as most of the remaining garbage is under tables and places I’d have to bend for. After that, I’ll call the Pelcom guys over for estimates.

I felt like crap all this week thanks to the injury, but it feels good knowing that I can still get things done. If that’s all I can take from this miserable week and the toe injury, so be it.

2 comments:

  1. You need a plug in air popper for popcorn... they are like 15 bucks and popcorn is cheap as hell. Screw that skinny pop! You can eat like 4 cups of air popped popcorn for 100 calories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will, trust me... I have a list of things I'm gonna get so that I can finally make food from home once the basement apartment is finished and I finally have a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete