Friday, May 30, 2014

Reality Check: Cleared and Cashed

Wednesday

DDP Yoga: The Dirty Dozen (34 of 34 minutes )
 This is actually a tutorial explaining many of the positions that are in the workout, while being a workout at the same time. I was really surprised that, after about a minute of holding my arms out, I started sweating. It's a very freaky experience because it's basically me tensing my muscles and doing normal stuff, which somehow leads to sweat pouring down from  my face. Amazing.

DDP Yoga: Energy! (25 of 25 minutes)
 Already pouring sweat from the Dirty Dozen, Energy! incorporates those exercises into one workout. This is one hell of a workout, as it focuses on dynamic resistance instead of dumbbells  and machines. By the end i was worn out with a smile on my face.


Thursday

No workout. I can't  believe how sore my entire body is and I didn't  have to lift anything. I'm still a bit skeptical about this new idea of dynamic  resistance, but I'll quickly give that up the more I get into this workout.

 Friday

DDP Yoga: Energy! (25 of 25 minutes)
 Great workout. The sweat was pouring, and I'm learning how to keep up with DDP. I like the guy but he's definitely not a trained instructor. Sometimes he goes too fast and it takes a little while to go from position to position at the same speed as DDP. But I'm getting better at it so it shouldn't be a problem moving forward.


The last two weeks in Smalltown have been absolutely incredible as far as the weather goes. 70 degree days and 50 degree nights. Just perfect! I want to file the memories of these days away and save them for those cold sub-zero days that next winter will surely bring. Anyway, I end this month with a decent $18,050, a profit of about $2400. I was really hoping for $19,000, but I can't complain too much. In fact, I feel pretty damned good right now.

After my last post, I really got upset with myself. I started thinking about the guy I used to be compared to my current self, and it got me motivated. First of all, I finally started the DDP Yoga workout this week and it felt great. Besides feeling better and taking some amazing and easy dumps, the "wake up" exercises have me on time to the bank job for the first time since Eddie became the boss. There's no reason to be on time, but after the exercise I seriously don't feel like going back to bed. I'm finally doing something besides this blog with some level of consistency, and I knew then that the old me was back. I started cleaning, and I mean CLEANING the batcave, and I should be ready for the Uhaul next week. Last night I went through moldy papers dating back to 2007. It was a trip down memory lane to see the hand written receipts of all the handymen I've gone through and the debt collection notices I received from all sides. It felt great to finally throw all that crap in garbage, and I should be done with everything by this weekend.  I also found a health food store in Smalltown, a place I'll call Natural Foods. Not only do they have healthy foods and good selections of trail mix, but they also have organic and natural products for hygiene like aluminum free deodorant (Tom's of Maine) and toothpaste. I'm taking a real interest in the things I put in or on myself, which is probably one of the pleasant side effects of DDP Yoga. The aluminum in deodorant has been linked to cancer, and it turns out that most items that are uses to block the body's natural functions are bad for me. Should I really be surprised??
 
My laptop battery went dead yesterday, which was probably the only bad news for this month. Thankfully, I bought a tablet from a company called Shamo, and can still write this blog until the battery arrives. Writing a post on a tablet is a remarkable pain in the ass, but it beats not being able to write at all. As far as the tenants go, things are pretty good. I have an appointment with Carver on Sunday where I'll inform him of the rent increase. I'll do the others sometime this month, and schedule all the increases to start in August. A happy birthday it will be! I also figured out that the best way to deal with autistic tenant Tisha is to play Scramble with Friends while she calls me. All of her little quirks don't bother me at all when I play that game. Organization wise, I'm utilizing the Google Calendar and Smart Receipts much more than I was before, and I hope to get Quicken Rental Property Manager understood once I get my laptop working again.

June is gonna be a strange month, and I don't expect to hit 20k. As soon as the month starts, I have to pay $640 for the six months of car insurance for the Cherokee. I also have to get started with the batcave renovations, which will probably run another $1000. I'm also gonna start studying stock trading. If I can get to $19,000 this month, I should be okay. But this month of May has been the most important month in years. It sucks that it took a public shaming in my last post to realize just how much of a loser I've been, but whatever it takes to snap out of my futility is fine with me. I've finally woken up, and I can't wait to see what I can do now. I wonder how long this fire will burn?

 P.S.: While going through old papers last night, I found a letter for a property management company offering their services. I'm hoping this is the company that I hand property Chi over to, since the few companies I've found that do residential management have horrible ratings. I searched all this month and found nothing, so hopefully this company will be the one.





















 










No comments:

Post a Comment