Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Cleaning and Meeting

Over the weekend I did a little more cleaning of the batcave. I also made deals with Tisha and Molly of property Chi to finish cleaning the place for rent reductions of $75 and $35 respectively.

This is an important week for me. Besides cleaning up the basement of property Chi (which I did yesterday), I’ll be going to my fourth REIG meeting. I know I said I’d let Damon go to those while I stayed at home, but this one promises to be a good one. One of the banks that specializes in selling foreclosures and seized properties will be there looking for new customers. I’m very excited about this because it means I may be able to get those properties for cheap, which would be a much faster way to buy properties. I’m definitely interested in retiring as quickly as possible, especially after what happened last week at the shipping depot.

As I expected, they made new rules for security guards at the shipping depot following that Fedex shooting in Georgia. From now on, security guards are no longer allowed to bring cell phones on site. So I guess when a guman shoots me, it's better to bloodily crawl towards the company phone instead of dialing 911 from my pocket, right?! I’m assuming this rule was made to keep us “alert”, but it screws me over because my phone is how I pass the time at that job. My Howard Stern shows and Comedy Central roasts are key to keeping me sane amongst those hillbillies. So I decided to hide my phone, but one of the guards came in and said, “We can’t have phones anymore.” He said it in a tone I didn’t care for, so I ignored him and continued watching the Roast of David Hasslehoff. I can handle ignoring the rules when there’s no one around, but things are different when I have a snitch nosing around. Few things are worse than working with a snitch.

This guard is one of those “40-year-old-can’t-do-anything-else” kind of guys, who will be a worthless security guard 50 years after he dies. I wanted to tell him to mind his own fucking business, but I remembered just where I was. Smalltown is no Brooklyn, and I’m the wrong color to be starting shit unless it’s absolutely necessary. Because he comes in a half hour before I leave, I’ll play it safe. When I know he’s coming in, I’ll play one of the Howard Stern segments and listen to it on my bluetooth until midnight. That half an hour should go by quickly and there will be no visible phone for anyone to bother me about. There was also an incident where a truck driver got pissed off because I wrote a ticket on his car. He came in yelling and screaming and I paid him no attention. The more he whined like a bitch, the more I thought to myself, “I gotta get out of these jobs.” I’m seriously considering getting rid of Tuesdays at the shipping depot much earlier than November, but I really can’t take the financial hit right now (a monthly loss of $300). Once the apartment is finished and I have a better idea of how much I will earn by year’s end, I’ll re-consider ending the Tuesdays early.

But right now my main focus for this week is the REIG meeting and to finish cleaning up the batcave. I want to get estimates from the Pelcom guys next week, but the basement has to be clean beforehand. And I’m really hoping to hear some good news at that meeting. The chances of me succeeding increase as my information base increases. I will ask as many questions as I want, and I'll even take over the meeting if I have to. If these guys can get me the properties I need to buy with little money down, I can make the issues at the shipping depot disappear in the best way possible: early retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment