Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy No Year

Brooklyn Mike called me up yesterday afternoon to let me know that his sister Monet got arrested for stealing. Evidently, she stole a $3,000 car insurance check from her older brother and got busted by the cops. Her older brother, who’s the new head of the family after their mom died, is throwing her out and she’s gonna live with friends. Monet…

When I was a kid, I had a massive crush on Monet. She was a perfect “girl next door” type of girl with an unbelievably large chest. We would joke around but we always hung out in different circles. One night I was staying over at Brooklyn Mike’s house and I got to talk to her alone. I did that bitch thing guys do when I said, “there’s this girl that I like and I’m not sure how to approach her.” She looked at me like I was an idiot and suggested I get to know “this girl” before making my move, which I did. Over the next couple of weeks we would talk to each other and, the more I got to know her, the less I wanted to get with her. It wasn’t that she was a bad person, but I found her to be a bit immature. At the time (19 I think), I was really into older women and found the way she carried herself to be annoying. It was the first time I realized I'd been putting too much value on a woman's looks. So I stopped pursuing her and moved on to other broads. I’m glad I did, because when anyone over the age of 18 steals from family, it’s a sign of a low class person.

At least if she stole from a job they would just fire her and she can go home. Stealing from family means there’s no home to go to and she now has to rely on the kindness of strangers and friends… people with no obligation to her and will throw her out when she pulls this shit with them. This is how many homeless people get their start. I mean, if you steal from family, who wouldn’t you steal from? Sure, I stole from my mom once… but I was 9! I didn’t know any better and I felt like crap afterwards. Understanding the value of money the way I do now, I would seriously stab anyone that stole even a dollar from me. That's all it takes. As hard as I work for what I make, stealing a dollar is definitely “stab-worthy”. So anyway, Brooklyn Mike and I were pretty bummed about what happened, so we decided that 2014 needed to end. Right there and then.

As of yesterday, 2014 is over. Brooklyn Mike’s mom dying and Monet’s arrest, coupled with my constant property Chi issues and tax and organization problems makes it clear that this was the worst start to any year we’ve ever had. So fuck it. From now on, it doesn’t matter if good or bad things happen… we won’t bitch about it anymore. I mean, 2014 seems to be cursed, so what the hell can we do about it? Bitching wastes valuable learning time, and I’m just starting to get a handle on things. So there won’t be any more bitching about stuff. I’ll mention whatever bad thing that happens, then I’ll shrug my shoulders and say “It must be 2014”, and then I’ll see what can be learned from it.  Done and done. My goals are still the same. I still want to make as much money as I can, get the basement apartment finished, and quit working Tuesdays at the shipping depot by the end of this year. I can do it. But if things go bad? Hmph! It must be 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment