Friday, February 18, 2011

Only If It Pays

I got paid from one job today, which made me feel a little better. What would make me feel 100 percent better is if I can successfully snake those damned bathtubs tomorrow morning. I then have to work a 36 hour shift at both jobs: noon to midnight at the shipping depot, midnight to noon at the bank, then noon to midnight at the shipping depot and then I can go and sleep for 4 hours before I gotta go to work again for President's day.

I love making money. My mantra is to do nothing unless it pays. Do NOTHING unless it pays. For example, I drive in an unregistered vehicle on a suspended license. I could easily pay it, but I really don't feel like paying money and not get anything in return. It actually makes me depressed to do so. I know it's a flawed mantra, as getting pulled over will get my ass in jail. Eventually, of course, I'll pay all that stuff (a little over $400), but it just seems like such a low priority when I'm so close to getting on the right track. I'm so focused on my goal of buying a property this year and saving money that everything else just seems of little importance. I will try not to remember these words when the blue and red lights are flashing in my rear view mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment