In my pursuit of staying the course and making money, one of the obstacles I run into is race relations. Smalltown, NY is a hick town, and most of the blacks I've met here are either out of jail, about to go back to jail, have a family member in jail, single mom, welfare, cheating, or just plain losers. There has, so far, been no exceptions.
The white people here all hate me. This is their world and they'd much rather hang a nigger than pay a nigger rent. I feel the tension every time I hear them talk to me and I'm getting tired of having to watch everything that I say... EVERYTHING that I say. I know what my goal is and I plan on completing it with or without a friendly pat on the back. Sometimes, not too often, I get these world against me type feelings, and it's not the motivational type.
It's not just race. Everyone here has this loser mentality where they set their goals so low and just talk about inane bullshit. Nobody talks like I or Sha does. There are no big dreams or early retirement or getting "out of the rut". People here just complain, drink, pass out, then repeat. I would love to say that I believe there are some motivated people, but I sure as fuck haven't met them.
Anyway, being the only black guy here makes you hate white people. Like, really hate all white people and it makes you believe that all white people are the same, even if they're not. Usually I just need some sleep when I get like this, so I'll end it here.
P.S.: All the mortgages get paid tomorrow. The rest of it goes to water bills and, finally, profit.
No comments:
Post a Comment