Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Urge to Date

I have to stop doing these 36 hour shifts. It's just that when someone calls and basically asks me if I want to make money, I find it difficult to say no. But I do have to realize that I'm already working two full-time jobs and to not get greedy for an extra $100. It's not worth the loss of sleep or the tiredness I feel right now, no matter how money hungry I am this year.

I'm getting the urge to date again, and I'm not sure why. All the people around me are either comfortable in their miserable relationships or desperate to get out of one. Strangely enough, I don't care so much about the physical. It's the little things that I'm beginning to miss. There is, however, a problem with dating in Smalltown.

There are three types of couples. The 1st are the couple that argue in public. They're miserable, ghetto, and almost seem to enjoy embarrassing each other in public. The 2nd type are those that pretend to be happy but are really not. They put on a brave face in public but have a miserable home life. The 3rd type are those that are just comfortable in their misery. All three are miserable and all three end up cheating on one another. It's just the way things are over here. So, no relationships.

But I have a solution. The best time I have when I'm dating is always at the beginning. So I figure I'll date lightly, have a good time, then let it go before it gets serious. That way I get the best of times and I don't have to worry about any distractions while I'm working.

In a perfect world, I wouldn't have the dating itch at all and I can focus solely on working and making money. Who knows? Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and the itch will be gone. But just in case, I gotta have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment