I decided to join a Real Estate Investors group in Smalltown. When I first came to here, Sha and I kept trying to go to their meetings, but he would always drag his feet and we’d end up not going. Last week, I found two or three banks that I know I can do business with when the time comes, so I don’t have to worry about that anymore. After a while, I realized that I was asking them too many questions. After all, if you’re a loan officer and you get a call from some stranger asking what the hell “depreciation” is, you’d probably tell them to go to a seminar about real estate then call back when they have a clue. Once I realized I was asking too many “red flag” questions (questions that show I’m an idiot), I decided that the real estate group will be my next information source.
The group, let’s call them REIG (Real Estate Investors Group), has people that have already done the things that I’m trying to do right now, so they can hopefully help me with definitions, connections, and shortcuts. I went on their website and signed up. Upon reading their “About Us” section, I found out something interesting. They have meetings every second Wednesday of the month. At the meetings, people get to know each other and make connections and things like that. Then a speaker comes up and talks about whatever the topic of the month is. Well, guess who the speaker for August was? Joey Nigga! Joey was the guy who sold me a property from Paul Maddox, then stole 10k from me by manipulating the HUD-1 form.
Joey Nigga is a con man, and a bad one at that. He pretends to be your average dude that has some great deal on a property. He drives a beat up Oldsmobile Cutlass and complains about his bills constantly. What sold me was the fact that both Sha and Joey’s boss, Cameron Morgan, also told me the deal was solid and to go for it. I thought about what I would do to him if I saw him at these meetings, and I know what I’m going to do: nothing.
I need information from these guys, so I’ll have to talk to them and get to know them. Their info is vital to getting my next property, and I’m not going to screw that up due to a lack of self control. Last year I made out my plans for getting back at Joey. While I believe in karma, sometimes karma needs a little push. This plan requires a bit of money and has its risks, but it’s the best one I can think of even now. Since they’re illegal I obviously can’t go into detail, but it will be enough to satisfy my ego. If I see him at any of those meetings, I’m gonna shake his hand and ask him how he’s doing. I’m going to tell him all the things I’m doing now (feed him lies, of course), and ask about how business is going. We’ll talk like old buddies and my ego will keep my temper in check. Kicking the crap out of him won’t do me anything good. I’ll be kicked out of the club, his wounds will heal, and I’ll end up losing out on all the connections and info that joining REIG can give me.
As in real estate, I have to keep the big picture in view, even when it comes to revenge. Once I get to the level I need to be, I can then focus on things like getting back at Joey Nigga. They say that revenge is a dish best served cold, and it’s true. Living well isn’t enough in this particular situation. But it has to be done the right way: business first, personal issues second.
No comments:
Post a Comment