Friday, September 30, 2011

September Quota Reached

With a little over 7k in my account, I can happily say that September’s quota is reached. It feels good to reach this quota despite the odds. I’m learning that it’s easy to save money when you have a routine down. Now that September is over, October’s quota of 10k is next.

As long as Sha pays me the $1050 he owes me, it shouldn’t be too difficult reaching October’s 10k quota. I’m going to start bothering him about it now so that I can get the money next week. I’ll tell him that my mom is in Nigeria and needs the money for something. Rita is actually in Nigeria right now, so it’s not too far off from the truth. In fact, I know I’ll be getting a call from her soon to send her some money, so I’ll tell her that Sha has my money and I’m waiting for him to pay me back. I try not to lie because of my shitty memory, so I have to keep it simple. The known variable for this month is replacing a bathroom window in the upstairs unit of property Beta. I’m going to spend about $200 on water bills and I’m going to try and FINALLY pay my suspended license off. I’ve been driving an unregistered vehicle since mid-2010 and had a suspended license since late-2008. I’ve been very lucky not to get pulled over by the cops, but I don’t want to push my luck anymore. I want this to be the month that everything gets taken care of so that I won’t have to worry, especially with winter on its way.

Besides the quota, this month is pretty important business-wise. I have my first meeting with the people of REIG (Real Estate Investors Group) on the 14th, so I must have my questions ready. I’m hoping to make some connections that can help me when Phase 3 starts up next year, plus get some good advice on how to reach my overall goals.

September was a crazy month, but I learned important lessons. I used to like lending people money. It felt good knowing that I had money coming from different sources other than the jobs and the rent. But lending money requires responsible people to pay it back, and Sha is no longer qualified for that. I no longer will lend any money, and this practice may lead the people that usually borrow money from me to be more responsible. And, if they don’t learn their lesson, at least it won’t be my problem anymore. I also learned that my landlord persona of being the “nice guy” pays off. It keeps things business and can reap unexpected rewards in the future. With that said, let the month of October begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment