Yesterday was the day that I met with Nicky, the upstairs tenant of property Alpha. Before our meeting I made sure to take a cold shower. I know that I resisted her the first time, but I wasn’t gonna take any chances should she try that again.
At around 6:30pm I went up there and she once again had only a fraction of what is owed. She was wearing normal clothes so I guess she learned her lesson when she saw how I reacted the last time. I explained to her that the “property management company” was supposed to evict her last week, but that I postponed it until the end of this week so that I can make her an offer. When I told her of my plan to have her clean the place, pay $100 per month and leave rather than risk eviction, she seemed surprised. I guess it finally sunk into her dim head that she is very close to being thrown out on the streets. She said that she hopes it doesn’t come to that because she doesn’t have anyone to stay with. (I could tell that was a load of shit. Anyone that looks as good as she does always has options.)
Nicky said that she is going to try and get a loan from Empower Federal Credit Union, the same bank that I use for my secured credit cards. She had apparently done it before with no problem. She’s going there today and should have an answer before the end of the week. All in all, I think I did a good job and everything is set. She doesn’t use her bank very often so I couldn’t get her to give me a check, but she did give me a recent paystub. This means that I have the information needed to garnish wages from her job rather than her bank account. But I let her know that she’s trapped. I reminded her of how damaging an eviction is on a tenant’s record. Then I offered her a way out. Now everything is up to her, and I could tell that she definitely doesn’t want to be evicted.
I’m actually hoping that Empower turns her ass down because, cute or not, I’d really like her to leave. I want to test this Nicky Evacuation Plan that I’ve planned, and I want to finally get good tenants for that unit so that I can return my full focus to making money for my next property.
I have rental properties too... Our worst tenants "came with the building" when we bought them, besides that we've been pretty lucky so far. Good luck with your evacuation plan!
ReplyDelete