Monday, January 9, 2012

Old Dirty Bastard

One of the dirty bastards at the shipping depot gave me a cold that I’ve been battling ever since. I won’t go into a rant about how much I hate catching a cold from some irresponsible fucker because it’s not necessary. Some orange juice and some rest underneath my treasured electric blanket should get rid of this cold by the end of today.






While on the subject of dirty bastards, I have to include one more: me. As the pictures show, I live like a minimalist pig and I’ve decided to use this week to get my basement apartment together. Garbage accumulates because I have no energy when I get home. The only thing I want to do is rest when I get home from work, and it’s taken its toll on my poor apartment. There’s garbage that’s been there since the end of the Bush Administration. There are papers that I haven’t filed for years that are just lying on the floor. I tried to clean up my act last year around May, and wrote about this same problem in a post called Cleaning Up. That ended with me coming home, preparing the cleaning products, then watching Beast Wars Transformers and going to sleep. My tenant Nicky, for example, wanted something to show how much she owed and I couldn’t do it because her records are probably on the floor (I usually tell tenants to keep their own damned records, but I wanted to do it just to show that I had the information). I’m fairly certain that my 2009 tax returns that Pamela of SFS (Smalltown Federal Savings) Bank is looking for is somewhere on the floor as well.

Now that I’ll be getting more properties I have to be more organized. All the shit I used to get away with before will be tough to get away with now. I have to prepare myself for more tenants and more responsibility, and I can’t do that by being a disgusting slob. I’m filing taxes on my LLC for the first time this year, so I’ll definitely need to be more organized so that I can file everything accurately. Once I clean this pigsty up, both the personal and business parts of my life should benefit greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment