I hate the anticipation of an eviction case. Different scenarios are running through my head of how things can get screwed up. I've been advised to make sure my lawyer has all the info he needs and doesn't take Laurie lightly, but that's about all I have left to do with Laurie. Getting Annie out will be easy. Just in case she can't find an apartment by the end of this month, I will retain my lawyer's services (unless he screws up Laurie's case) and use him for Annie as well.
With a little under a week to go before the case, I'll have to pay more attention to paying my debts, P90X, and getting my living quarters organized. Most of my debts are paid at least half a ways which will bump my credit score to at least 650 by the end of May. P90X has my body feeling as if I were back in high school, as my pants are officially too big for me and I can run up stairs two at a time for the first time since my sophomore year of high school. This leaves the task of getting my living quarters organized.
My make-shift basement apartment that I've lived in since 2008 is a pig sty. It's dirty with old garbage and unfiled papers everywhere, the floor is concrete, the windows are old and rotten which makes for scarce ventilation, and there's hardly any room to move around. There are also dustwebs all over the place. This hurts my overall productivity, as I feel like doing nothing when I get home due to the mess. I usually get home, lay down on my dusty bed, then watch the Simpsons or another TV show that I've downloaded onto my laptop, then slowly go to sleep. There are, for example, papers that I was supposed to scan and file almost a year ago that are still laying on the dirty floor collecting dust. So I'll use Saturday and Sunday to try to get things more organized. On those days I only have about two hours before I have to go to work, so I'll have from about 9am to 11am to get my "house in order".
As far as buying new windows and carpet tile for the cement floor, that'll be one of those that have to wait until I find out what happens with Laurie and Property Chi. I really won't feel comfortable about spending anything non-debt related until that situation is deadlined and resolved. But I can do the things that won't cost money. Cleaning the bathtub and toilet, scanning and shredding paperwork, and throwing out the tons of garbage that I have all over the place. I've never been a tidy person but I feel this exercise will increase my productivity overall, as well as allowing me to feel less like I'm in a basement and more like I'm in an apartment. The best part is... it's free.
No comments:
Post a Comment