Joe Dockers should be finished with everything tomorrow. He's done a good job and is the first handyman I've had that consistently did a good job throughout a project. I started to notice the differences with the way Joe Dockers handles his workers and the way Sha handles his.
Both these property managers hire people that are typically lower class to save on labor costs. That's okay, so long as you know how to use them correctly. See, the main difference is that Joe is there, working with his workers. This allows him to see what everyone is doing and give advice on how to do something should his workers not be sure. He also has his brother there to make sure things go smooth, in case he has somewhere to be.
Sha gives his workers a job to do, then goes away and leaves them to their own vices. Trusting a lower-class Smalltown humanoid to do a job without supervision is never a great idea. They'll think only about the money, use any shortcut they can find, then get paid despite the job not being fully completed. Then, when a tenant or a landlord would complain that the job wasn't done properly, Sha would offer that his worker go back and fix the problem. This cycle repeats itself over and over again until his management company loses almost all credibility. He'll even go so far as to defend his workers' actions and find fault with something or someone else.
I don't know Joe Dockers very well but I like the way he runs his management company... so far. He can still fail me, I know this. Most handymen that are hired usually do good the first couple of jobs, then become lazy and unpredictable later on. I also won't forget that he is from Smalltown, which makes him a little above dirt in my eyes. But from what I've seen so far, and the way he runs his operation, it appears that I have the handyman I'll need for at least the next couple of weeks. Sha's my best friend and a great one at that. But we happily agree to disagree about the way he uses his workers, and we leave it at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment