Sunday, May 22, 2011

When The Going Gets Tough

Every couple of months I get very frustrated. With about 95 percent of the population in Smalltown against me in some way and working around nothing but rednecks and strangers, I reach a boiling point. On Friday I reached it and I was in a very bad mood. My personal blog has been extremely therapeutic so I've been able to control most of my emotions, but I still needed a release of sorts.

So I went out early Saturday morning before work to take a look at some properties that I've seen online. Seeing a picture online is nothing compared to seeing it live. Most of them looked in horrible shape, especially the ones with shake shingle exterior. I wasn't looking seriously but needed to refocus myself. It felt good to be on the buying hunt again, reminding myself of why I'm here in the first place.

While I was driving around I was listening to Robert Kiyosaki's audiobook about his experiences in real estate. It felt good to hear someone that started off in almost the same way that I have. I felt justified with some of the decisions I've made and scolded on the mistakes I've made, especially with the non-screening of tenants and Laurie. He also talked about things that I didn't know too much about, like taxes, finding a good real estate agent, and identifying the right properties.

I find what I do in real estate a source of strength and relaxation, something to look forward to. Looking for properties have always been fun for me, as it represents the future and good possibilities. Sometimes it's the only thing that stops me from going crazy when things get too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment