
As you can see, Laurie decided to leave with a bang. The downstairs unit of property Chi is completely trashed. Holes in the wall, dog shit on the floor, the works. I was expecting it, but it's a different experience seeing it (and smelling it) live.
I had asked Sha to have his guys go in and clean out the apartment. They had to take everything to the dump and replace the lock. The following day I had hired a handyman, Joe Dockers, to get the place rental ready. Sha got very pissed off and we had a text argument. His position was that his guys are doing all the heavy lifting and moving, and should have been given the job to make the apartment rental ready. My position was that there was no agreement for his guys to make the place rental ready, and I wanted to give Joe a tryout and start him off with a simple job.
Sha didn't want to send his workers back there to finish the job of dumping the garbage because, and I quote, "this is going to turn into drama if they go back there and see other guys painting".
Sha's workers are animals and complainers. I've given them plenty of chances to work because of Sha, but the truth is I've had it with them. Every single job that they've done for me is never completed. They did a re-tiling of a bathroom on property Chi and 2 tiles popped out the very next day. Plus they left all the old tile outside in ripped garbage bags, which got me fined by code enforcement. They did another bathroom job on property Beta and never finished sealing the trim, and once again left all the garbage there. Not to mention that the lock that I asked them to put in DOESN'T LATCH.
My reasoning is that, if Sha's guys can't even install a lock on a door, how the fuck am I supposed to trust them to get an apartment rental ready?! They have a van so I gave them a job that only requires them to lift and drive, and even that they couldn't finish. Besides all that, his guys were never commissioned to do the job for making the apartment rental ready. Because of this, I had to sneak out of work, clear out the rest of the garbage, take 2 runs to the dump, then shower the garbage juice off me and come back to work before anyone noticed I was gone.
Sha and I resolved this text argument with an agreement that, should I ever hire his guys to do a project like this again, that it's all or nothing. Once I use his roofer to do the roof on Chi, I don't plan on using his guys again. I'm hoping Joe Dockers works out as his references were glowing about him. He's a little more expensive than Sha's guys but I'm hoping that the extra money gets the project DONE, with no drama. I think Sha holds his guys to a standard where, as long as the job looks done, it's done. I can't deal with that standard and I refuse to lower my standards so that his guys can make extra bucks. Fuck em.
No comments:
Post a Comment