Monday, May 30, 2011

Shot in the Dark: Missed

Well, I had to take a shot but it doesn't look as if my plan of renting Chi before the 1st is going to happen. Joe Dockers didn't do enough to allow people to ignore the remaining repairs needed. The walls are painted but the floors are still a mess. I'll write this as I go through this.

8:30am- First prospective tenant came and left in less than two minutes.

9:00am- Never showed up

9:30am- No show

10am- Came late... Wasn't interested but gave me some good info on houses for sale

10:30- No show

Experiment tried and failed. But at least Annie is out, cleaned everything before she left, and everything is locked up. I'll try to rent both units out next week, when everything should be done.

I guess the lesson here is that tenants and landlords don't see the same thing. I can't expect a prospective tenant to see the same potential that I see when looking at an unfinished apartment. To me, I see everything without blemish. To them, it's their new home. Not to mention that they probably just came from an apartment that was completely finished, so why would they want a dirty unfinished apartment that a stranger (a black one at that) is saying will be fixed?

The only people that would want to move into an unfinished apartment are the ones that are either being evicted, or the ones that are in a "desperate" situation-- in most cases they'd be on Section 8 or public assistance. I've had that happen twice in a row: with Laurie and with the tenants before her. So I learned my lesson... Now I go to sleep at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment