Friday, December 30, 2011

The Insanity Challenge

After reviewing my blog a bit more, I remembered P90X and how much of a success it was. From 5 pullups to 22. Natural energy in the morning. Health-wise, I was on top of the world. Then something happened that challenged my tip-top healthy status. Three letters: NFL.

When the football season started, I instinctively ate foods that were very bad for me. I couldn’t help it, as I’ve always eaten large amounts of foods during NBA or NFL games when I was younger. Every Sunday since September, I've ordered a large pie and 40 wings before a game. I’d eat it all within 15 minutes, then spend the rest of the day digesting the food. Now I’m started to see the consequences of such eating habits. I didn’t really gain any weight, but I’m extremely sluggish in the morning. It takes me at least an hour after I wake up to actually “wake up”. I don’t feel like running up the stairs at the bank job like I used to preferring instead to take the elevator at the beginning of each round. I have to do something about this.

I already conquered P90X so I wanted to do something more intense. There’s a program called Beachbody Insanity and it doesn’t require any weights. I wanted to start this program this month, but I knew I wouldn’t have the energy to do such an intense workout during such a busy month. While I plan on doing the exercises for Insanity, I don’t plan on using their foods. Instead, I’m going to be using foods recommended by another blogger during her Paleo exercises. The Paleo workouts weren’t very impressive, but the foods were EXCELLENT and will fit in perfectly with the Insanity workout. Some of the foods will be impossible to make since I don't have a kitchen, but I'll make it work. Along with that, I’ve ordered up some more of that delicious P90X recovery drink. To prepare myself I’ve been slowing weaning myself off pizza and all the bad foods since November. When the second week of January hits I should be ready to begin.

With my work schedule getting easier thanks to a full security staff at both jobs, I’ll be able to devote more time to myself and my properties next year. It was a lot easier to do P90X because I was doing it with a co-worker and comparing results. Going at something like Beachbody Insanity alone might not be the best move, but it will make completing the program all the more satisfying.

1 comment: