Doing this year in review is pretty weird. Sometimes it makes me proud to see what I’ve accomplished this year. Other times it brings me to shame to see all the dumb mistakes I’ve made. This post covers from May 2011 to August 2011.
The middle of this year was the time when I actually had to open my eyes and see that my business plan was fucked. Getting the bad news from Johnny Gage about my credit score and the impossibility of buying a property this year was like a splash of cold water right in the face. But instead of getting down on myself and quitting, I simply adapted and created a new business strategy. So far, that strategy is working and it’s good to know that I’m learning. The re-education process will be a long one, probably never ending. But I’m glad I was able to recognize the point where I could go no further in real estate. In order to get to that next level, I have to have a certain amount of knowledge about real estate in general.
Throwing out Laurie and Annie basically saved property Chi. It wasn’t until I threw them out that I realized just how simple tenant management can be when you have the right tenants. After spending all that money getting it rental ready and all, property Chi is barely ever a problem anymore thanks to prudent maintenance by the Africans and the Homos. I now have a set standard that all tenants must meet before I even consider them as tenants. I’ve seen what can happen when I rush a tenant in without thinking and I don’t plan on feeling like that again.
I had a very scary moment in July that I wrote about it a post called My Name Is…. For a few seconds I lost my full memory and I felt as if it could have been a degenerative consequence of the treatments for my illness. It’s December now and I’m happy to say that my memory is much better and I haven’t had any lapses since. Through the social blog, I was able to discover that the more I watch old TV shows, especially cartoons, I can remember almost exactly what I was doing when I was watching those same shows as a kid. These are new old memories that I can construct past events around. So I’ve been watching old cartoon shows like Talespin (it’s impossible to listen to the intro song without wanting to dance), Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, and anything else I can remember watching as a kid. I’ve even downloaded Doogie Howser M.D. Thank god these are all great shows or this method of therapy would be torture.
Overall, this period of time was when I started improving myself and fixing many of the problems that I had in the beginning. The hiring of Lexington Law Firm was also a great decision, as they’ve done a great job educating me on credit and how debt collectors work. This was the time that I finally understood that I couldn’t be the dummy that I used to be and still make it to that next plateau of success. My willingness to educate myself started at that point and I hope it never ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment