I've been holding off writing this particular post for the last two days. The issue is that I review my blog every week to identify patterns in my personal and financial behavior in order to be a better investor and make better decisions. The issue that I'm about to bring up is not something I'd rather not like to read about every week... Ah fuck it, here it goes:
I went to the sheriff's department to apply for my gun permit on Wednesday. The lady asked me for my name and I drew a blank. For a good 5 seconds, I had absolutely no idea who I was or why I was there, and it scared me shitless. I felt as if I was suddenly falling and didn't know how to save myself. She asked me again and my last name popped into my memory, followed by my first name.
I'm fairly certain that it's connected to the treatments for my illness. I started to notice my short-term memory getting worse after my 4th treatment, but it wasn't anything major. I can't remember conversations I've had with people an hour prior unless someone triggers the memory with a key word from the conversation. I can live with that. But to not remember my identity is an entirely different story. I'm not sure if it's a one-time thing or if it's progressive, but this experience provided me with even more motivation to focus and get my next two properties as soon as possible.
I need to enjoy some freedom from these 9-5 jobs while I can still remember who the hell I am. My new plan of saving up enough money to buy two properties by September of next year has to come together. If this plan fails, I'll be stuck with more wasted time, more jobs to work, and a possibly worse memory than I currently have. It would be a failure that I would not be able or willing to accept. Those horrible five seconds will be a reminder of my need to succeed... just so long as I can remember them.
No comments:
Post a Comment