I guess this must be a bad Tuesday because the bad news continues to roll in. Cyprus didn't return any of my calls today, and the deadline for him to pay the remaining $900 is tomorrow. Usually, when they don't return the calls, it means that they don't want to talk to whoever's calling. Oh well... at least I get to keep his deposit.
This sucks because it means that I'm forced to go with my second choice, the couple with the landlord problems that I wrote about in an earlier blog. They only have the rent and no security deposit. I'd have to make them pay an extra $100 a month until the deposit is paid in full. In Smalltown, when a tenant is coming in from a bad situation with their former landlord, it's almost a guarantee that it's the fault of the tenant. It's also a given that the new landlord will have to put up with the same problem. I'm tempted to go through the process of putting up an ad again to try to find a better option, but it would be too problematic at this point. I'd have to deal with all the old appointments calling me back and asking me to let them have the place again, and I don't have the energy to go through that. If these assholes are the best option, then I have to go with them.
I'll have them sign the same three month lease that I did with Laurie, and see where things go from there. I just want to put property Chi behind me and focus on my own issues. Rita's property has cost me dearly these last two months and her $1200 was nice, but not nearly enough to cover all the shit I had to go through. The next time she complains and wants to give Chi to another property management company, I'm telling her to fucking do it. She has to learn at some point that real estate is more than throwing your money at something and expect it to grow. I just hate the idea of some Smalltown asshole property manager screwing over my own mother, but I think it's for the best. I simply can't move forward with Chi on my back.
No comments:
Post a Comment