My account is back to four figures at 3500, thanks to Rita paying what she promised, the Africans paying their full security deposit and rent, and me getting paid from both jobs on Friday. Cyprus hasn't paid yet and has until the 6th to pay his security deposit and first month's rent before I keep his partial deposit and give the apartment to the ones that are waiting in line for it. I'm glad I made sure that I kept the other prospective tenants hanging around in case Cyprus defaults, which I don't think he will. I've learned that, like all things, I have to have a back-up plan for any decision I make.
I fell short of my goal of 4k by the end of May by 500 dollars, thanks in large part to Cyprus. My bank account for the end of July has to be at 7k. It's a lofty goal but I think it's possible. I still get paid by both jobs twice this month, and I'll be making overtime at my bank job as well. Today, for instance, I work 12 hours at the shipping depot til midnight, then work from midnight to 8am on July 4th, which is overtime pay. With 7k in my account by the end of July, I can shoot for 10k by the end of August and, along wiith the refinances, have enough to start shopping around for my next property in September.
My overall goal now is to get the refinances of Alpha and Beta started. I have to email all the tax corrections to the accountant so he can give me an amended 1040 that will show that I make even more money due to rental profits. After that, the refinances can begin and I can start looking at properties.
Property West is no longer an option for me, as Joe Dockers' work is not to be trusted. I'll always agree with his business model of staying with his workers at a job. But what's the point if the job is never finished because you're bouncing around from gig to gig and get nothing done overall? I'll look around and find something. Whatever it is has to make me back my downpayment in 12 months or less. So, for example, if I put 20k down to buy a property, that property's profits have to equal or exceed 20k in 12 months or less. So I know what I'm looking for. It's just a matter of finding it when the time comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment