I'm at my shipping depot job and my new co-worker has been rambling on for the last hour or so. Even as I write this blog and show that I am not paying attention, she continues to flap her lips. Yesterday, my dreams of buying a property this year was crushed down below the ground. I also found out yesterday that I basically threw away 4500 dollars fixing credit because I had done it the wrong way. With all this garbage going on, why am I in such a good mood?
I have no idea. I guess I was dead on with that "real estate callus" that I talked about in an earlier blog, last month I think. No matter what happens, I get the feeling that I'll succeed. I'll come up with a new plan, new strategy, and get to work. That's what winners do. I woke up this morning and went to the bank job. From there, I went to show property Chi's upstairs apartment to a young couple from Florida.
I honestly didn't know what would happen but I had that same feeling I had when I showed the downstairs to Hanna and the Africans. To make a long story short, they're taking the place. I have to get the full security deposit ($500) and first month's rent (rent is pro-rated to $250 since they want to move in during the middle of the month) tomorrow at his job at 7:30am. I set it early in the morning because I don't want to give them time to look at another place. If I can get that unit rented out tomorrow, I will be very relieved. Property Chi is so annoying that I now hate writing the word "chi". I warned them about the bar across the street but they didn't seem to mind much. They loved my honesty and I think that's what sold them. But I won't believe anything until the money's in my hand and their names are on the signed lease.
I also decided what I'm going to do as far as buying my next property. My new plan is to save up at least 30k by September of next year and qualify for a loan of 200k to buy two multi-unit properties and get them fully rented out before the winter of 2012 hits. That would allow me to quit at least one of the jobs and work a normal schedule for the remainder of 2012 and most of 2013. While I really wanted to quit working these god awful security jobs by the end of 2012, I realize that working for another year and retiring at the age of 32 won't be too bad. Another 8 months won't kill me. By next year, I should have my armed guard license so maybe I'll have a new higher paying job by then.
Plans change. Shit happens. That's what life is. I won't complain about it. I can only learn and move on. I think that the key to succeeding here is to create a plan that has enough room for error so that even if I fail, I can still win. Lose a battle but win the war. I just hope I've made such a plan because my patience with these jobs are wearing thin. I won't want to be subjected to a co-worker's ramblings for too much longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment