I feel the need to explain my new plan in some detail. Just saying that I'm going to save up doesn't look like much, so let's get down to specifics.
I currently have 3k in the bank, and will probably end up with a little over 4k by the end of July. My hopes are to reach the 10k plateau by the end of September, and have over 15k by the end of the year. During this time, I'll be building up my credit and gaining a better understanding of real estate purchasing. I want to make sure that I already know what will be needed before they ask me, as it will make my purchases go by much faster. I'm also working with Lexington Law Firm to obtain 2 secured credit cards while getting the negatives off my credit report.
Due to my need for extra money, I won't be able to afford fixing major problems or making new renovations to properties. That includes finishing my basement apartment, putting a fence around property Chi, and fixing the backyard fence at property Alpha. If I have some free time I can do a little at a time, but I doubt that I'd be able to finish all those projects by myself within a year.
As far my jobs go, my hope is to have a new higher paying job by the beginning of next year while keeping one of my current jobs. It's not necessary for the plan to succeed, but it would be nice. Getting the gun license will go a long way, as an armed guard generally makes $3 to $6 more than an unarmed guard. The risk is greater but, in a place like Smalltown, it's not too much greater. It simply adds the inconvenience wearing a gun belt and possibly a bulletproof vest. Keeping my same two jobs will still have me reach my goal by September, but $5 an hour more would be a welcome variable.
That there is my general plan. I'll finally make use of my new mini-refrigerator and buy drinks and light snacks, thereby lowering my food costs. Eating out everyday costs me anywhere from $25 to $40 a day on food, and that's just too much. Some healthy chinese food and trail mix snacks will go a long way towards reducing that cost.
I've also left myself a reasonable margin of error. I reserve about $300 a month for any repairs that need to be done at any property. Whatever the problem is, it had better be small. If property Chi has an issue, it's coming out of Rita's pocket. I'm done dealing with that god-awful place. When all is said and done, 2012 should be my best year yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment