Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Closing the Nicky Chapter


On Monday, I snuck out of work to officially evict Nicky from property Alpha. I met Handyman Stan there and we went upstairs. Nicky and her kid were packing her three cats into a cardboard box and were looking for tape. With Nicky bent over, Handyman Stan pulled me aside and asked, “Do you really have to evict her??” After she taped the box shut with seemingly no holes for the cats to breathe, she said her kind goodbyes and left. The tenancy of Nicky Mo was finally over.

After I returned from work, I spent three hours packing up the garbage she had left behind. She left a lot of important information that shed light on what happened during her tenancy. In March, which was around the time she started flaking out on rent, she got fired from her EMT job, and for the dumbest reason:




She took pictures for a local radio station’s “Hot Girls” calendar, and Nicky kept parts of her EMT uniform on (pants, walkie talkie). She was bragging about it on her job when her boss found out and fired her ass on the spot. What’s really pathetic is that she got fired and the pictures weren’t even that good. She looks probably twice as good as those pics show. (I would have considered blanking out her face but the radio station already has Nicky advertised on their website, so it's all good.) Anyway, she then moved in Gretchen and Gretchen’s “baby daddy” Terrence to help with rent. Nicky tried to play landlord demanding money so Terrence got into a fight with her and cracked her windshield before walking out on everyone. With unemployment paying only $200 per week for Nicky and Gretchen using her welfare money for her kids’ medication and Botox injections (which for SOME reason was covered by Medicare), rent became an afterthought. 



I sat there looking through her documents piecing everything together, and I still don’t know what to think about Nicky Mo. She was really dumb, but found ways to pay rent for 5 out of the 6 months of her tenancy. She was really dirty, yet she left a LOT less garbage than Stan did at property Beta. How an evicted tenant still managed to try cleaning up after herself when leaving, but Stan (who was allowed to leave) left a mountain of garbage behind him is a question I don’t think I can answer. I rented the U-Haul yesterday and loaded up all her garbage, and there was enough room for me to throw out some of MY garbage in the basement as well! It took one hour to gather everything up yesterday and throw it out at the city dump. Total costs for the U-Haul and the dumping fees: $50. Stan is charging $300 to get the place rental ready by Friday, and Belle and Sebastian will be there Thursday to finally see the apartment and sign the lease.

Anytime I think about Nicky I’m left confused. I don’t care about her or anything, but I do find myself wondering what’s next for Nicky Mo. Will she ever get a job again, or will she get addicted to the taste of welfare and mooch off the system forever? I guess when you’re a woman that’s dumb and sexy, you’ll always have options so Nicky will probably be just fine. I also decided not to stick Nicky with the $10,000 National Grid bill. I already made money off of the whole scenario, so why complicate things with petty revenge? Anyway, the only thing that matters is I’m finally done with her—no longer a victim of her dumbass decisions. I can only learn from my experiences with her and use them to weed out prospective tenants BEFORE they become tenants.


I'm researching a lot more real estate terms, but I'm trying to get a full understanding of them instead of just definitions. Once I have them, I'll post everything like before.

No comments:

Post a Comment