Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Timeline of Peace

In order to understand how the last few days have been, I’ll do a timeline:

Friday: Belle and Sebastian moved in to property Alpha. Got to see my ex-girlfriend Marla looking horrible. Working with Annabel at the shipping depot didn’t phase me at all, as I spent the down time watching a Nigerian movie.

Saturday and Sunday: Woke up on a weekend morning for the first time without Nicky as a tenant. There was no pitter patter of little welfare feet. It was only the sounds of the morning birds chirping and the wind softly blowing. Sweet sweet peace! On Sunday I bumped into my ex F-buddy Mercedes at the dollar store. She also looked awful and looked a million months pregnant by the size of her belly. She wasn’t very happy—maybe a little embarrassed--to see me but played it off. Teehee. I spent both days at the shipping depot job relaxing and watching Season 2 of The Biggest Loser and Season 7 of Hell’s Kitchen.

Monday: Had a small bout with depression, but recovered in time to replace the locks at property Beta and really enjoy the 70 degree weather. Libby came by and liked the repairs done, but I think she’s gonna do some of her own repairs and improvements. I LOVE those kinds of tenants!

Tuesday: Finally filed the rest of my paperwork for both old and new tenants. Set up a plan with Ross that will help me build credit on my LLC. While working at the shipping depot, I studied Yoruba and watched a nice Nigerian movie.


And now it’s Wednesday. I have absolutely nothing to do after work so I’m just gonna go home to catch up on some sleep. I’m loving this right now. Hey, I know that I have problems on the horizon. New bills from National Grid and setting up a payment plan for paying back the $10,000 I owe in back taxes won’t be fun. The temperature will be back into the 90s by the end of the week. But sometimes it’s healthy to enjoy the present and put aside future worries, just for a little while. The last five days have been peaceful and stress free, and I don’t get too many days like these anymore.


Principal
The principal is the original amount borrowed for a loan. For example, if you take out a loan for a car that costs $10,000, the principal balance owed is $10,000. When you start paying the money back, a bank has you pay back the interest in addition to the principal in monthly payments. After each monthly payment, you have the option of paying extra money towards the principal alone. Doing it this way, you can reduce your overall monthly payments.

Let’s say that the monthly payment of the 10k loan is $300 (both principal and interest included). After you pay the $300 each month, you can add an extra hundred towards ONLY the principal, and you can reduce the time you have to pay the loan back because the principal balance (the original amount of money owed) is decreasing faster than normal. (It’s an easy definition, I know. But I’m just getting warmed up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment