Friday, August 31, 2012

August 2012 Quota Reached

$14,297.92. Nice to finally reach a quota, and I’m hoping this trend continues. I noticed that I messed up when doing my quotas. I noticed it when I realized that, had Rex not paid me back the $500 that he originally owed me, I would have just missed my quota! I looked back at my quota calculations and realized that I put the National Grid bill as a loss of $250, but it should really be a loss of $500 since I used to get $250 extra when I didn’t have to pay the bill. So I went back and adjusted all the quotas accordingly.

August was a good month. I made some good money and kept everything nice and simple. I didn’t have to pay for much and received 5 paychecks, so it was fairly easy to save over $2000, especially with Rex paying everything back. Unfortunately, September is gonna be a month full of expenses, the worst since I had to pay over $6000 in back taxes for 2011’s tax return in May.

I have to pay the final estimated tax payment of $460 to the state. After that, I have to buy a “newer” refrigerator for the upstairs of property Alpha. Belle and Sebastian asked about the refrigerator before they moved in and for some reason I promised them that I would get them another one in September. I hate making promises, but the truth is that I was gonna do it anyway. I’m sticking with my policy of making sure an apartment is as updated as possible (nothing fancy) while a tenant is still living there. The refrigerator there works perfectly, but it looks very old. Every little thing counts, especially when it comes to appearances. The more updated an apartment looks, the less money and time it costs to get the apartment rental ready when a tenant moves out. I’m all about getting an apartment rented as quickly as possible, so it’s essential to keep everything in good condition while it’s occupied in order to decrease the time the apartment is vacant during a turnover.

So the estimated tax will be $460 and the “newer” refrigerator costs $250. I’ll also have my car to take care of. I’m hoping to just have to replace the brakes and not the rotors so I’m taking it to a shop before I take it to my mechanic, Tom. Tom knows how to fix cars but he absolutely sucks at diagnosing what is wrong with a vehicle. The purchase of the brakes and the replacement should cost a little over $100. I wanted to replace all four tires this month as well, but that may not happen because I just got my first bill from my tax guy Ross. From doing my 2011 taxes to doing the amended tax returns for 2010, the bill came out to $795. Obviously I’m not gonna pay that all at once, but paying $150 per month should have him all squared before taxes have to be done again next year. Speaking of taxes, I start paying the IRS and the state back in September as well, so that’s $200. Add the National Grid bill which should be another $200, and that’s over $1300 in bills.

Even though my quota is only for 15,000, saving a little over $700 this month will still be very difficult. But with 10 weeks left until I can put an offer down for my next property, “difficult” must still get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment