Monday, August 20, 2012

Paybacks, Payoffs, and Payments


And what a Friday it was! Rex emailed me at 1:20am to let me know that my money has been sent. 1:20am. THAT’S respecting someone’s money. I’m never lending to anyone again but if I do, I would hope that my money gets that kind of respect. From there, my day went perfect. Don’t get me wrong: the same problems were there but I was able to handle it so much easier now that I know I’m getting back my money.

The next two weeks is all about finishing August right. With the $1000 I’ll be getting back from Rex and two paychecks to go, I have a very good shot at 14k for the month—even with the new expenses that I’ll have. I have to get a new PO Box. A couple of years ago, I made the mistake of letting Sha share my mailbox and now it’s like my box is full of packages for his wife’s online shopping habit on top of his code enforcement letters and mortgage notices. He got pissed off the other day because I originally told him I would never get rid of the box, but screw that. Besides, when I get property Charlie I don’t want him to know about it, and I’m sure he’ll get a clue once he sees rent checks all coming from a new address. It would be easier to keep the box and just tell him and his wife to find another way to get junk mail, but the truth is that I need a bigger box. I have to prepare for all the future properties that I’ll be getting and have room for the growing business. Changing the PO Box with only 6 units is much easier to do than changing the box with 30 units sending rent checks.

I also called Lexington Law Firm and reduced my monthly payments from $90 to $25. I would have canceled it altogether, but I get two and a half months free because they couldn’t do the payment reduction in time to stop this month’s $90 payment. By November, I should be completely done with Lexington Law Firm. They’re as good as advertised but the banks and credit card companies don’t budge when it comes to getting charge-offs off one’s credit report, even if the debt is paid in full. So I’ll concentrate on getting more positives than negatives on my report for now. This should also be the week that my mom Rita sends my pension form for my old security company. For the past two weekends she was supposed to come to Smalltown but hasn’t done so for whatever the reason. I don’t care anymore, I just want that money! I also have to order professional grade roach poison for property Chi, which costs around $70 bucks. Although it's only a few roaches now, I want them all dead NOW before they multiply, and "dead now" ain't cheap.

Before August is done, I want to get a payment plan started for the State taxes that I owe. I already have a $150 payment plan started with the federal taxes that I owe, but the state is taking their sweet time letting me know exactly how much I owe them. My tax guy Ross says it could be around $3500, so a payment plan of $75 a month should suffice. It sucks that I have to go through all this tax stuff just because that Nigerian tax idiot messed up my taxes for years, but with a payment plan I won’t feel the sting too much and I’ll still be on track to make a serious offer on a property Charlie by mid-November. With less than three months to go, I have to both buy and save wisely if I’m gonna reach my goals.

1 comment:

  1. RD, I'm new to you and your blog and I've only read this post so far, but I've got to say...dude, I LOVE your style!! Love, love, love! Oh my gosh, I'm sitting here with the biggest smile on my face right now. I'm not a regular reader of anyone's blog, but that's about to change. You got me, and I can't wait to dig into your older posts. Thank you SO much for stopping by my space otherwise I wouldn't know of your awesomeness. OMG, you are the bomb!

    ReplyDelete