These are the written accounts of a sociopath's life and all that I go through, both personally and financially, as I attempt to be a millionaire within six years.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
Tax Weary
Yesterday I woke up in a pretty foul mood. It wasn’t that I had to work both jobs on only four hours of sleep, or that I had to work with Annabel at the shipping depot. I was just… tired. Tax weary. I have to pay back the federal government 10k. I have to pay back the state at least 2k. I have to pay my property taxes. I have to pay income taxes. And the more money I make, the more the IRS will have their hands out. I even have to pay for money that I don’t have yet!
My mom Rita finally sent the pension forms from my old job so that I could be paid the money I put into my pension at my old security job. The total to be paid to me is just over $4500. HOWEVER, the letter stated that if I want my money in a lump sum, then the federal government must first take 20% of it, then I can have the rest. 20%???!! That’s about $900! What the hell does the federal government need so much of my money for?! I was gonna take the $4500 hundred and give my mom $1000 to do with whatever she wanted (probably as a down-payment for another vehicle since her old vehicle got wrecked). Instead, I’ll be left with only $3600 and I’ll only be able to give her $600 while using the rest to build towards buying property Charlie.
It took me a while to calm down and remember that debts and taxes are a part of life. Everything is relative, so if the government is making more money off me then it means that I’m making more money—and that’s always a good thing. With good planning and manageable monthly payments, taxes shouldn't get in the way of financial growth. I always knew this, but sometimes the taxes can overwhelm me so much that I go crazy and need a reminder.
Labels:
IRS/State payments,
pensions,
rita,
taxes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment