Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Glass Half Full

I really can’t wait to get my money from Rex tomorrow. As long as he at least sends it so that I know it’s on its way, I’ll live with that. I didn’t realize how important it is for my revamped brain to see what I’ve worked for everyday.

Yesterday was the worst day so far. I couldn’t get any sleep the night before so I was dead tired to start. There was a meeting in the vacant building at the bank job so I couldn’t relax when I wasn’t doing rounds in the garage. After the bank job was done I got a call from one of the Homos in property Chi saying that he has roaches. Roaches are a common thing in NYC, especially in buildings where you can’t control how nasty the adjacent apartments are. But in Smalltown, roaches are rare. I’ve lived in Smalltown since 2007 and have personally seen less than 10 roaches in all my properties combined, included my basement (which I will now dub the batcave). First bedbugs at Alpha, now this. Then I went to work at the shipping depot where Annabel was itching to anger me with her gossip-filled running mouth. They also installed a new gate at the depot for the trucks to go in and out. My boss told us that, in the winter, we may have to shovel the snow every time a truck comes in so that the gate doesn’t get stuck. Some guy then came in and started bothering me about what I was watching on my phone.

Once he started bothering me, I had to walk away. I knew that I had reached boiling point and needed to leave. It was that feeling where you don’t care about anything and you just want to do something, no matter the consequences? Yeah, I wanted to kick his ass hard so I just went to the bathroom and cooled off. To top it off, I come into work this morning and my Nigerian co-worker Ola tells me that he’ll be working a second job soon, so we won’t be able to go to the gym together anymore. And my mom Rita, who was supposed to come last weekend, is planning to come this weekend instead. On any other week, these things wouldn’t affect me but that $1000 that I lent Rex is all I think about now. It’s crazy. What’s worse is that I’m gonna be starting the Mirror Experiment of Project MFMA next week, one that is emotionally and mentally exhausting. It’s the 7th experiment for MFMA, and it has to do with seeing how I am perceived through different eyes. It’s a lot of paperwork and recordings and analysis, so I have to be in the right state of mind before I start.

Hmm... now that I’ve written all this down I feel a little better. In fact, I see the silver lining to most of the problems that I listed. I’m gonna buy professional grade roach poison and treat BOTH apartments of property Chi. I’m not sure where the roaches are coming from but, after being in both apartments, I’d say that it’s most likely coming from the Africans downstairs. Not wanting to play the blame game, I'll just do both apartments. If it happens again, then I'll start penalizing the tenants responsible. The situation at the shipping depot will remind me to stay focused on using that job ONLY to make money and nothing else. It will be easier to remember that when assholes like that package handler walk through the guard shack. And having to do my gym workouts by myself will build my mental strength. Being able to push my limits on my own is what I’m all about anyway, so it’s just another challenge that will make me mentally stronger than I am now. Besides, even though I like Ola I don’t want him to get too close to me. With him having two jobs, I can still use him to help with my Yoruba studies without him getting too close to me personally. I like distance.

So, in the end it all kind of works out. I get experience with how to get rid of roaches, which I’m sure will come handy in the future. I get personal distance from Ola and I continue to see the shipping depot and its inhabitants as purely monetary, not attaching any personal feelings to the mentally challenged hicks that work there or the extra work that I may or may not have to do. And it's always nice to see Rita and her fiance Andello, if only for a weekend breakfast. As long as I get that $1000 back tomorrow, this should actually turn out to be a good week.

P.S.: For some reason, random words on my posts are turning into links to stupid ads, and I don't know how to stop it. If I can't find a way to cut that out, I may have to move all this to another site that is ad-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment