These are the written accounts of a sociopath's life and all that I go through, both personally and financially, as I attempt to be a millionaire within six years.
Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Holiday Pains
When I was a kid I loved holidays. If the family wasn’t doing anything (we usually weren’t), I’d go over to Brooklyn Mike’s house, play video games, wrestle and eat pizza all day. They were a break from school and reality in general. Now that I’m older and business minded, I couldn’t think of a worse waste of time than a holiday.
Yesterday was Labor Day, but it was also the first Monday of the month which is when I pick up the rent. I couldn’t do that because the PO Box was closed. And I can’t go today because I have to go to the refrigerator place to finalize my order, then take a shower and head off to my second job. I couldn’t go to the banks because the banks were closed. I couldn’t call any state agencies because they were closed. All the business that I wanted to do I couldn’t because they were all closed for Labor Day. I had three tenants texting me, asking whether the rent will arrive on time. I hate when tenants are forced to speak to me over something small. Not to mention that I lose money since I had the day off. Being the garage guard at the bank job is kind of a trade off. I get the least amount of responsibility and I don’t have to see or speak to anyone, but on holidays the garage is closed so I don’t get work. That’s a loss of about $60 to start September off with.
To make matters worse, I threw my back out when I went to the gym yesterday. I reached down to pick up 45 lbs dumbbells to do more hammer curls when I felt something that was like a knife jammed into the nape of my back. I guess the problem was that I wasn’t lifting them with my legs like I was supposed to. It’s been hell doing my garage rounds today, and Ola says that I shouldn’t go to the gym for a week or two. I’m used to going 4 times a week for 2 hours at a time, and now I have to break routine? Ugh. Breaking routine, especially for a sociopath, is rough because it’s so difficult to function without doing what I’m used to doing at that time. But I can’t argue with the body. So I cancelled everything related to the gym or other strenuously fun activities.
This year I also have to decide which holiday I'm choosing to go home for a day to visit the parents: Thanksgiving or Christmas? They've been bother me to see them, and I want to get it over with this year so I won't have to see them for another two years. Another waste of money when I include airfare, car rental, and a loss of work hours. Maybe when I’m retired I’ll begin to enjoy holidays again. But for now, holidays suck.
Labels:
brooklyn mike,
gym,
holiday,
Labor Day,
PO Box
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment