Yesterday, I was let out of work at 10am in exchange for working all day today. When I got out of work, I had to go to the DMV and FINALLY register my vehicle as well as renew my license, find a good deal on tires for my GMC Jimmy, and interview Hanna at property Chi before she moves into the upstairs apartment. Instead, I did something I haven’t done in a long time: absolutely nothing.
I got home a little after 10am and printed the DMV documentation that I needed. I then watched a Seinfeld episode and went to sleep. Woke up at noon then went to sleep again. Woke up again, went to Subway, came home and ate while watching a few Simpsons episodes. Went to sleep, woke up and went to the gym. My back felt great and I did a full hour, working only on the machines that have back support. I don’t plan on doing the dumbbells again until October. It was a complete vacation day and, the way I look at it, was also my first day off all year. I loved being able to lie down and relax for once. Everyone could use a day off, but it’s even better when I don’t lose any hours and I don’t have to take a vacation day. I’d much rather get that sweet December paycheck that pays out the vacation hours that I didn’t use for the year.
Next week my boss Sandra will be going on vacation, so I can skip out of the bank job and get the DMV stuff done while I’m on the clock. I need to do it soon because I plan on taking the GMC Jimmy to Brooklyn for Thanksgiving and want to make sure all my papers are in order. My original plan was to take a round-trip plane flight, but the holiday prices are just too much. So I can take care of the DMV stuff while on the job and get the tires taken care of as well. It feels better knowing that I’m doing these things while getting paid. After work today, I’m gonna see Hanna and get the interview over with. You know, I would usually consider what I did yesterday as procrastination, but not in this situation. Everyone could use a day off, especially those that work 7 days a week.
No comments:
Post a Comment