Monday, December 10, 2012

Annabel Has Left the Building

I went into work at the shipping depot Saturday morning feeling a bit tired. I walk in and the guy I’m taking over for tells me something that I’ve wanted to hear for months now: Annabel got fired on Friday.

Apparently she got fired mostly because she was selling food to the package handlers and even some of the truck drivers. She would even be pushy sometimes and ask some of the managers if they want to "place their order". I waited until the guy left before I let the smile on my face show. It was huge and I’m still smiling as I write this. You know, if Annabel and I were cool I would have warned her that she will get fired for soliciting. I even told Nino one time that it’s only matter of time before they throw her out. But I really despised her and I wanted her out of my life, by any means necessary. I would have felt the same joy if he had told me Annabel got hit by that Mack truck that I talked about earlier. I’m not the kind of person that likes to see someone out of work because I know what that feels like. But there are some people that simply shouldn’t have jobs, or even be alive for that matter. Annabel was a gossiping animal that did nothing but cause drama and talk behind everyone’s back, myself included. She created a toxic environment that made working at the depot twice as hard.

The only thing I liked about working with Annabel was that her presence kept me quiet. I didn’t say a word to anyone and it made my job easy. Now that she’s gone and her replacement is some dude, I may be tempted to flirt with some of the women that have wanted to talk with me… including that sexy manager. I tried everything to make her dislike me--from ignoring her to wearing a wedding band-- but nothing has worked, and there are a couple of other women that have been flirting with me but I never did anything about it. I'm hoping that I'll be able to stay focused and remember the true reason of why I’m there. I work at the shipping depot to make money—money that I need to buy properties so that I never have paycheck work again. Working with Annabel made the job much more difficult. With her gone, the road to retirement just got a little bit easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment