Thursday, December 27, 2012

Make It While It's There

I woke up this morning to a hell of a lot of snow, almost up to my knees. I was an hour late to work because I had to dig myself out of my parking spot. So why am I not angry? Well, Ola covered for me so I was able to sneak into work with no one the wiser, and I get to shovel snow when I get home from work. The downstairs Indians usually do the snow shoveling, but they do a shitty job of it. I’ve always loved shoveling snow since I was a kid, and I definitely need the workout since I haven’t been to the gym all month. December’s good luck streak continues!

Yesterday I had a security training class at the bank job with my co-worker Ola and my boss Sandra. First she was talking about how she had to fight to keep the parking garage guard position both last year and this year. The security company wants to phase out my position and have the lobby guard do rounds in the garage instead, saving them some good money. Luckily, Sandra has been able to talk them down. Then she’s started going over the rules and regulations. As she went over all the things we can’t do and all the ways we can get caught, I felt awful. Look at myself, I thought. A grown man being told that he has to make sure he wears SHOES and keep them polished. Be NICE to bank personnel and civilians. Don’t SLEEP on the job. Don’t be LATE to work. Of course I know these things, the hell do I have to sit down for 90 minutes like some idiot kid? I kept thinking "Oh, now I really can't wait to retire!" It was the only dark spot to an otherwise great month.

These jobs are starting to get sketchy. They put a camera at the garage entrance so they can see when people come into work. I found a way around it, but it’s still a pain in the ass. They’re gonna start having random inspections. The shipping depot job is getting stricter as well. They started making everyone wear gay looking vests. Now that peak season is finally over (thank the fuck), the bosses have more time to watch the cameras and nitpick on everything the security does wrong. With about three weeks before I put an offer on a prospective property Charlie, the pressure is on to make sure I choose the right property. It’s getting easier and easier to fire my black ass, so I have to hurry and do the most with this security money while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment