Yesterday was Labor Day, which I spent at the bank job working from 12pm until midnight. I was very tempted to make yesterday another Blackout Day, but Nino called me early in the morning and I picked up the phone by mistake. And, speaking of Nino…
Today I’m traveling to NYC to hang out with Nino for a couple days while his mom is on vacation in Peru. The only things I know we’re gonna do is eat, play games, and crack jokes. Sha was raving about a place called the Cheesecake Factory, so we’ll probably go there as well. Other than that, there are no set plans and it should be a nice little break from the monotony of working non-stop security jobs in Smalltown. I have to admit though, I don’t like leaving Smalltown anymore. It sounds pretty crazy and looks weird when I see the words, but I… I almost feel the same way about Smalltown as I did about Brooklyn when I lived there. Hmm… that really does look weird.
I talked about this last year after the Brooklyn Trip. This place has become even more like home after the purchase of property Charlie and the repairs I’m making in the batcave to turn it into an apartment. Except for Kylie Ray, all the rents are coming in without issue. Why would I feel good about leaving? Believe me; it will be great to see Nino again. I wanted to see Brooklyn Mike as well but he’s got classes. I’m sure we’re gonna have fun. But here, in Smalltown, I’m doing something great… something I could never do in NYC (at least, not yet). My future is here and I’m really into a groove right now. I remember making fun of people taking vacation for a couple of days just to come back to the same job. I think I’ve even done it on this blog. So, if I’m in this groove and I find 2-3 day vacations stupid, why do it?
I want to use up as much vacation time as possible before 2013 ends. Let’s face facts: in 2014 I’m gonna be a beast. There will be no days off. No breaks. No vacations. All I’m gonna care about is making sure I get the most out of my final year of working two fulltime jobs. So it’s not as if I need a break from the grind or anything. I just figured that, if I’ve got the vacation time and I know I’m gonna work like a Jamaican mule next year, why not take a couple days off now while I can? So I’ll be leaving this evening. I’ve already paid all the mortgages. I’ve paid the National Grid bills (which were very low, by the way… $205 for all four apartments at Charlie, and $104 for Belle and Sebestian’s apartment). Once I get off work I’ll check the PO Box for rents one last time before I go. Then it’s off to NYC. I’ll have some fun and then come back… home.
No comments:
Post a Comment