Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Premature Vacation

Sha's been bragging about how he went on vacation to Orlando last weekend and was able to make it back in time for work on Monday. He has the pictures on his Facebook page and everything. Sha's always been an outgoing person and I understand his need for a break. My problem with his bragging is his definition of a vacation.

To me, a vacation is when I spend two or three weeks at a new place. I go and get a feel for the place, visit the famous sites, take advantage of room service and meet different people (by "people", I of course mean women). I honestly think that working people go on these "vacations" just so they can tell all their co-workers and hear those wow-you're-so-lucky comments. The truth is, what Sha did was take a break. It's kind of like having sex that lasts 3 seconds. By definition, you had sex... but was it really sex?

Sha invited me to go but I declined. He thought that I was being my usual anti-social self, but it just didn't make sense to take a "break" now. I'd have to take off work, which means I lose money. While I'm in Orlando, I'd always be looking at the clock. That doesn't sound like fun to me, and I don't really need a break or a day off. When the time comes, I'll take a vacation. A real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment