$4639.71. I've met my quota for the month of August! It feels weird celebrating such a small number, but I'm celebrating something more than the number.
I was able to reach my quota despite property Beta's downstairs tenant, Carver, only paying a portion of his rent. I reached the quota despite property Beta's $600 water bill. I reached this quota despite numerous miscalculations, and it feels good to know that my "re-education" is paying off. I set a reasonable quota to reach, left room for error, and was able to meet my quota with relative ease. Even if I had missed it by a couple hundred bucks, I would have still been satisfied with the results. My system for saving money has passed its first test, and now it's on to the next one.
September's quota is $7000, but I have to exceed it somehow. I need to take advantage of the bank job's overtime before Sandra hires a new guy that will bring everyone back to 40 hours a week. It will be nice to get more sleep with my normal hours, but it will also be less money for me. I'll be working Labor Day which is holiday pay, so that's even more money. There's no way I'll make $3000 in October to reach its 10k goal, so I'll have to get a head start in September.
September's known variables is the plumber that will be fixing property Chi's bathtub drain problem on Friday. There's also the issue of the two remaining water bills: $600 for Chi and $300 for Alpha. Water bills, by the way, aren't usually this high. These bills are a result of Laurie's two washing machines and five kids when she was living in property Chi, and getting most of my debts settled up during the June/July crisis. I also have to settle my debt with National Grid a balance remaining of $1400.
My best bet is to pay a little at a time: 150 for Alpha's bill, 200 for Chi's bill, then 200 to start a payment plan for National Grid. Once that is all paid, it's off to the races for September's 7k quota.
No comments:
Post a Comment