Saturday, August 27, 2011

Stan's Problem Resolved

I woke up early this morning to catch Stan. I've been trying to get a hold of him all week and he's been working crazy hours at his new job. I hate meeting with tenants face to face, but I had no choice since his phone was off.

He had just woken up and I asked him for an update on trying to recover the stolen money. Stan said that he's not sure what's going on, then asked if he could pay me back a little at a time. Well... that was easy. I honestly thought that he was going to start bitching about how it wasn't his fault and refuse a payment agreement. I didn't even have to suggest it. So he signs the payment agreement on Tuesday and, with Carver's payment agreement already signed and delivered, property Beta is all taken care of.

I went into the situation with Stan the right way. I thought of the worst possible outcome and covered different angles. I talked to my lawyer, Marvin Wassle, who reassured me that Stan was liable for the rent, even if it was stolen. I had the 30 day notice ready to be mailed. In fact, the only mistake I made was to not have the payment agreement on hand to be signed today and get it over with. I guess I was too busy preparing for the worst and forgot that, sometimes, things can actually go my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment